Mad about Centrifuchsia

You read that right. I have gone mad and I blame it on pretty lipstick. It's one extreme to the other. Weeks after telling you I'...


You read that right. I have gone mad and I blame it on pretty lipstick. It's one extreme to the other. Weeks after telling you I've joined the dark side, i.e. declaring my love for dark lipstick, I have another confession to make - yes, already! By the time I'd gotten used to the look of a 'vampy' lip, an exciting package delivery from vegan & cruelty free makeup brand Lime Crime arrived. Inside were 3 of their opaque lipsticks. While my friend's picks were a classic red and the daring black Styletto, I chose Centrifuchsia, a crazy colour I would've avoided determinedly not long ago.

Before we get to the actual product, let's just have a look at the packaging. Lime Crime lipsticks come in this girly, lilac packaging with a unicorn printed on it. A unicorn. Just, awesome. It's even got the disco ball thing-y going on. If this were a video, I could probably go on and on about it, but I'll just stop myself before I get carried away. Besides its pretty design, the packaging is strong. It closes with a click mechanism, so no need to worry about getting pink lipstick all over your bag.



Centrifuchsia is a bright fuchsia pink. Very bright, as you can see from the swatches below. The lipstick is highly pigmented and applies wonderfully. You'll achieve an even layer with just one coat. A lip brush is almost unnecessary; actually, I don't think I've used one to apply this before.

The lipstick has a gorgeous finish. It doesn't feel drying at all, but I'd recommend prepping the lips before applying because Centrifuchsia leaves one hell of a stain (and scrubbing to get the last bits of product off isn't very gentle on the lips). I'd say its lasting power is about 3 hours after drinks or meals, but either way it fades beautifully. Centrifuchsia might even last longer than soms of my matte lipsticks, when it's usually the other way around.


Here you can see how bright Centrifuchsia actually is. The swatch on the left is just one sweep, so I wasn't at all exaggerating. Luckily the colour doesn't look 'too much' when worn on the lips. Bright lipstick is a whole new experience for me, but I have to admit I loved this colour the moment I tried it. I like to keep my makeup simple with the occasional winged eyeliner; a cute lipstick like this adds the perfect pop of colour to a look.

Have you heard of the brand Lime Crime?

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. That is brrrrright, yes! But you wear it well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lys, OH WOW that is one bright fuchsia! Gooooorgeous! I couldn't even tell it's THAT bright from the tube, but then it totally blew my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love your enthusiasm, Sunny :D I'll probably keep wondering if I can pull this off because it's so so bright, others may not like an 'extreme' colour like this but oddly enough I love the look of it!

      Delete
  3. Echt een schitterend kleurtje!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die kleur staat je hartstikke goed. En ik ben sinds kort ook over gesprongen naar de dark side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letterlijk zie ik :D haha, geweldig! en dankjewel!

      Delete
  5. Wauw, wat een geweldig mooie kleur! Staat je heel erg mooi! Zelf ben ik ook blond met sproetjes, maar durf het nooit aan voor een paarse kleur te gaan, maar bij jou staat het toch echt heel goed ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, zo lief! :) Ik durfde deze kleur ook helemaal niet dragen, tot ik 'm de eerste keer probeerde en het dan wel mooi vond, haha! Gewoon eens proberen, paarse lipstick is echt leuk :D

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.