NOTD · Urban Purple

For as long as I can remember, I've loved wearing nail polish. Taking the time to put a fun colour on my nails while I'm catching...

 photo rimmel-london-salon-pro-urban-purple_zpse04544a8.jpg

For as long as I can remember, I've loved wearing nail polish. Taking the time to put a fun colour on my nails while I'm catching up on episodes of my favourite tv show can be so relaxing. As a true fanatic, it's no surprise I'm constantly finding new polishes to add to my collection. (The big white box in the background is actually filled with polish bottles!)

Last month when I was on the hunt for a good nail strengthening base coat, the Rimmel London Salon Pro polishes caught my eye. I've been loving purple shades lately and even though it isn't your typical spring colour, this one called Urban Purple is probably my favourite out of the bunch I own.

Rimmel's Salon Pro polishes sound very promising: They are supposed to be a base coat, nail strengthener and top coat, boost growth and provide the nails with a cute colour and gel finish without chipping, all-in-one. That's a lot to fulfil!

Urban Purple is a dark fuchsia/burgundy shade; I even see hints of a cherry red when I'm wearing this on my nails. It applies easily with a cream finish. I usually apply two coats to achieve an even finish, but you don't necessarily have to with this one. As for chipping, the formula is specially designed for the polish to remain chip resistant up to 10 days. For me, Urban Purple looks good for about 2-3 days. I change my nail polish often though, so I'm not bothered that its quality isn't exactly what the brand promised. I do add a base and top coat just to make sure the colour doesn't transfer onto my nails or - yes, this has happened! - my brand new white desk.


What's on your nails today?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Prachtige kleur is dit! Ik heb hem zelf ook en ben erg tevreden over de kwaliteit van Rimmel Lycra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. de kleur zit er heel mooi uit!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.