Hello perfect lashes: Max Factor Clump Defy

With Max Factor releasing their newest Clump Defy Extensions mascara, I realised I never talked about the original Clump Defy here! It...

 photo max-factor-clump-defy-mascara_zpsdd61ae1a.jpg
 photo max-factor-clump-defy-mascara-closeup-2_zpsac778222.jpg

With Max Factor releasing their newest Clump Defy Extensions mascara, I realised I never talked about the original Clump Defy here! It's been one of my favourite mascaras for a while now, so definitely deserves a mention.

Max Factor's Clump Defy volumising mascara is all about lengthening the eyelashes and giving them great volume, without having to deal with those annoying clumps. The curved plastic wand is specially designed to coat each lash with just one brush.The trick is to build product by applying thin layers until you've created the intensity you like. (I have to note here I had to get used to the shape of the wand at first - I kept poking myself in the eye! But that's just my clumsy self speaking.)

The formula is non fast-drying, so you should give the mascara a minute to set. But afterwards, you're left with soft, supple eyelashes with a nice curl, which is the dream to me. No dried up chunks that will break off as soon as you touch them. I picked up the water resistant formula and once the product's set, it even survives the occasional Belgian rain shower.

The main reason why I like Clump Defy so much, is because this mascara makes my lashes look longer and full, while still giving them a natural finish. It's perfect for everyday wear and if you're going for a more intense look, you could always add some extra product without your eyes looking overdone.


Which do you prefer: the new Clump Defy Extensions mascara or the original?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ik houd niet zo van waterproef mascara's, dus ik heb de 'normale' variant. Ik ben er heel erg tevreden over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to love this one! :-) I have the Covergirl Clump Crusher, which seems very similar to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of the Covergirl mascara before, they do look so similar!

      Delete
  3. Hey Lys, I'm glad this works for you! I am almost sure the brush is too big for me. I tried a MaxFactor mascara in the past, but I had the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's too bad, Sunny! What's your favourite mascara? :)

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.