Taking a break with The Comforter

I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately. It's nothing serious, but sometimes I let things get to me when I shouldn't...


I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately. It's nothing serious, but sometimes I let things get to me when I shouldn't and it's not always that easy to just 'get over it'. So, after a stressful day last week I headed into town to pick up some bath goodies. Lush have a bubble bar that will 'wrap you in a big comforting hug', so I thought I'd give it a go!

My first impression of The Comforter: YES. Its bright purple colour instantly caught my eye and the fact that this bubble bar smells exactly like grape-flavoured skittles - I checked! - won me over. I was thinking about getting the Brightside bubble bar as well, but skittles > mandarin this time, sorry Lush!

When I look at the ingredients list, cassis absolute, bergamot essential oil and cypress oil are the names I recognize. It's cassis (or blackcurrant) that gives The Comforter its fruity perfume. Blackcurrants are packed with vitamin, plus they're delicious so keep an eye open for them when they're in season! The citrus fragrance of bergamot oil should relieve stress and anxiety, making it a popular oil in aromatherapy. Along with that, this essential oil is also a natural antidisfectant. Cypress oil has a long list of benefits, but what stood out for me, was that it's antispasmodic, meaning it is helpful in relieving spasms.

The Comforter is easy to use. You basically crumble a piece from the bubble bar and hold it under the water tap to create a nice bubble bath. Lush say it's good for about 3 baths, but since we have a small bath tub, I'll easily get 6-7 baths out of one bar. It is huge anyway! I feel like the aroma really does calm me down. When I am stressed my body - shoulders and back most of all - tightens up and my stomach hurts. Last week when I was having one of those days, I took a relaxing bubble bath before bed and it really helped. I know The Comforter won't solve any of my problems, but at least it'll make me forget about them for a while. Thumbs up for this one, Lush!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This does look like a great pick-me-up :-D I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oehlala dat ziet er uit als een heerlijke Lush goodie ;) Bergamot en Cypress zijn ook super fijne geuren, lekker fris :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hij is zeker het proberen waard! Ik ruik zelf enkel de bessengeur, maar bergamot en cypress zijn inderdaad ook heel fijn!

      Delete
  3. wauw ziet er goed uit zeg liefs, x

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.