My top 5 Lush recommendations

There is nothing like the occasional splurge at Lush Cosmetics . Sometimes I'll go there to celebrate when I've completed hard wor...

Lush Jason and the argan oil shampoo

There is nothing like the occasional splurge at Lush Cosmetics. Sometimes I'll go there to celebrate when I've completed hard work (or not, Procrastination could be my middle name) and I want to reward myself with new bath goodies, or I buy a backup of something and end up getting more than I had allowed myself before heading in. The welcoming staff, colourful displays and the luscious aromas in the air make it hard to resist. Over the past couple years I've built a little selection of favourite products which I buy over and over again. Now, if I tell you a bit more about my picks, would you be willing to share yours in the comments? I'd love to know what your favourites are!

Tea Tree Water
Toner waters are easily my most used product from Lush Cosmetics. I must've finished about ten bottles of this and its toner-buddy Eau Roma Water in the past three years, if not more. Tea Tree Water is a water-based solution that contains soothing and purifying ingredients, making it a safe option for blemish-prone skin. I apply this morning and evening after cleansing my skin and before moisturising. It's also great to refresh skin on hot summer days. This is where the spray cap comes in extra handy! I wrote a comparative review on Tea Tree Water and the exfoliating tonic Eau Prรฉcieuse. You can read it *here*.


The Comforter bubble bar (review)
For relaxing bath purposes, The Comforter never disappoints. Thanks to the rich bubbles and a wonderful fruity aroma, it guarantees perfect me-time moments. You'll only need a tiny piece for one bath, just hold it under running water to activate the bubbles! It's one of the best products price/quantity wise too, because as we all know Lush bath bombs can be a bit on the pricier side.

Solid shampoo bars
By far my favourite discovery at Lush is their solid shampoo. It's been over a year since I first tried the Godiva shampoo, and I haven't looked back since. Not only is solid shampoo more economical and travel-friendly in use, the ones developed by Lush are full of nourishing ingredients. There's lots of different options to choose from as well, depending on your hair's needs. One bar lasts so long, I'm more than willing to pay for it as you get a high-quality product. My only tip would be to take the shampoo bar out of the shower and give it time to dry after each use, otherwise there's a chance it'll crumble in no time. Read two reviews I wrote *here* and an older one *here*.

Catastrophe Cosmetic fresh face mask (review
Face masks are my least frequent buy over at Lush Cosmetics, however some of them are truly fantastic. Because of its calming properties, Catastrophe Cosmetic is a miracle worker for when my skin is acting up. I might actually go pick one up tomorrow, because my skin has been a nightmare the past few days- it could use a detox. Although I love doing a face mask about once a week, I don't opt for Lush's selection that often. What I like the most about their face masks is that they contain fresh ingredients, but that causes them to expire faster than I would like. Fortunately that's not the case for my latest discovery by Lush, Cup O' Coffee which is a 2-in-1 mask/scrub for face and body. It's new in Belgian stores and so far I've only had a sample, but I'm sold! I'll be picking up a full-size pot of this soon.

Shoot For The Stars bath bomb (review)
Each year around September I eagerly wait for Lush to announce their Christmas collection. The main reason for that is Shoot For The Stars. I was so happy to find out they included it in this year's collection! This bath bomb paints water an enchanting blue, dark as the night sky with glitter for stars. The warm, sweet scent of toffee and honey makes Shoot For The Stars ideal for if you want to unwind. Any chance you'll be adding it to the permanent collection, Lush? Pretty please?

What is your number-one pick at Lush Cosmetics? Have you tried anything I've mentioned here?

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love the comforter! It was one of my first yet favourite Lush products ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of the same favorites! I am now definitely going to try the face mask you mentioned, plus cup o' coffee, which I've heard nothing but good things about!

    Sofia | palelily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Het Catastrophe Cosmetic fresh face mask (wat een naam :) ) klinkt wel heel goed! Een LUSH masker heb ik nog nooit geprobeerd, maar de volgende keer koop ik deze ook. Mijn favoriete product moet de Buffy scrub/body butter zijn. Werkt zรณ goed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll like them too! Cup o' Coffee is SO good. I don't even like coffee, but I can feel a slight addiction to this scrub coming up haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catastrophe Cosmetic is mijn 'noodplan' voor wanneer mijn huid een ramp is, works like a charm haha. Van Buffy had ik nog niet gehoord, klinkt wel super met amandelen en sheaboter! Benieuwd naar :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. De solid shampoos wil ik al lang eens proberen, maar zolang er SLS in zit wacht ik nog effe af. Ze zijn blijkbaar bezig dat te vervangen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, wist ik niet! Goed dat ze het eruit aan 't halen zijn dan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Voor mij ook een The Comforter, please! Heerlijk om in te badderen! Ik heb laatst nog de douchegel ervan gekocht, ook zo lekker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aha ik ben zo akkoord! Al heeft Intergalactic tegenwoordig ook nogal mijn hart veroverd!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh ja, da's die met pepermunt zeker. Nog niet geprobeerd maar klinkt zalig!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The other day I was thinking of that it's time to make a trip to Lush, especially now that Christmas is just around the corner! I have only tried couple of bath bombs and I wasn't wowed but I will try your recommendation next time, because I am all in for those me-time baths! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, it depends... I've had bath bombs that fill the room with their amazing fragrance but then nothing once used in the bath, and the other way around too. Hope you'll find something you like!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.