4 Facial mists to try

Facial mists are a beauty product I considered unnecessary for a long time. However, since I learned about the subtle, yet powerful skin-ch...

 Skincare facial mists Bioderma Hydrabio Eau de Soin Caudalie Beauty Elixir MAC Fix+

Facial mists are a beauty product I considered unnecessary for a long time. However, since I learned about the subtle, yet powerful skin-changing effects they add to my beauty routine, they have been a daily essential. In the past few years I have used an array of face mists - both those that are marketed as skincare and makeup setting sprays - and currently rotate between four of them. Besides their common purpose of refreshing and hydrating skin, which is why I've particularly enjoyed them this summer season, I use each individually to tackle different skin issues, from a dull complexion and dehydration to fixating makeup.

CAUDALIE BEAUTY ELIXIR
marketed as: skincare
Caudalie's Beauty Elixir is a toning treatment for all skin types that hydrates and adds a burst of radiance to the skin. It is packed with natural ingredients, such as grape extracts, rosemary, mint and rose essential oil to soothe and brighten the complexion. My favourite way of using the Beauty Elixir is on bare skin, especially on days when it looks dull or feels tightened from dehydration. I also like to apply it mid-day or in the evening to refresh makeup or as a little pick-me-up. The minty scent is so uplifting, which is why I like to keep the travel-sized version in my handbag at all time so I can use it whenever.

BIODERMA HYDRABIO EAU DE SOIN SPF30 
marketed as: skincare, makeup setting spray
Fairly new on the market is Hydrabio Eau de Soin by the French skincare brand Bioderma. It's a water-based hydrating anti-UV mist for sensitive, dehydrated and sun-exposed skin that moisturises and protects, while preventing premature skin ageing. The hypoallergenic and paraben/fragrance/alcohol free formula can be reapplied throughout the day as a hydration boost, but I also like it as a makeup setting spray. Because my skin is sensitive to regular sunscreen or moisturisers with added SPF, this is an easier, effective alternative that I can apply multiple times a day without ruining my makeup or causing skin irritation. Eau de Soin is a very fine mist that adds only a thin layer of sun protection, so I make sure to apply it regularly.

URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY
marketed as: makeup setting spray - *full review*
All Nighter is known for being a weightless, long-lasting setting spray that helps makeup stay in place for up to 16 hours. It's supposed to 'lock in' makeup by lowering the temperature of the applied products and that way protects them from moving around on the skin. Basically it adds a heat- and waterproof layer on top of your makeup. This spray is my go-to on days when I can't be bothered to do touchups throughout the day (f.e. work days, festivals, etc.) or on hot summer days when my makeup needs some extra help to stay put. This stuff definitely lives up to its claims - my makeup will not look as fresh, but is still pretty much intact until the second I remove it.

MAC PREP+PRIME FIX+
marketed as: skincare, finishing spray
If I remember well, my first encounter with facial mists was this one. Fix+ may seem like a basic facial spray at first, but is a multi-purpose skincare product that is packed with vitamins and minerals. Thanks to an infusion of green tea, chamomile and cucumber, it gives skin an instant boost of hydration, while refreshing and finishing makeup. I always use Fix+ mixed with foundation to help the product feel comfortable on my dehydrated skin, avoid a cakey look and add a soft sheen to the skin. When applying loose pigments, I dampen a brush to pack the product on for a long-lasting, more intense finish. Last year, MAC also brought out limited edition scented versions of Fix+ which I adored. The rose-scented one is a great pick-me-up for throughout the day. I like it a lot on days when my skin is acting up, as Fix+ is soothing and hydrating, and gives skin a lovely dewy look.

Other great facial mists that deserve a mention: Lush Cosmetics Tea Tree Water, Lush Cosmetics Eau Roma Water, pure rose water. They are all brilliant toning treatments for sensitive skin.

Are facial mists an essential in your beauty routine?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Grote fan van de UD All Nighter hier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Urban Decay setting spray, especially the Chill variety in summer, it's so cooling! I would love to try the Caudalie elixir, it sounds so beautiful :D amazing picks! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik vind ze alle vier best prettig! Voor mijn make-up is die van UD de onbetwistbare nummer 1, maar de andere sprays hebben elk hun specifieke kwaliteiten. Ik gebruik wel vrijwel dagelijks sprays, dus moet ook regelmatig een nieuwe kopen. Die van MAC had van mij nog een iets fijnere nevel mogen hebben, soms komt er uit die pomp zo een dikke 'squirt' uit, dat vind ik het enige nadeel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! From the facial mists you have mentioned I have only tried the Lush one and really liked it. The Bioderma one also sounds really interesting ! :)


    Have a lovely day,
    http://love-life-every-day.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that spray makes it so easy to touch up sunscreen during the day and on-the-go. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super! Het is inderdaad makkelijk om aan een kleine collectie te komen, zoveel goeie sprays op de markt :) je hebt helemaal gelijk wat Fix+ betreft. Zorgt er ook voor dat je meer gebruikt dan nodig en de fles sneller leeg is, wel jammer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is so good! If you're a fan of Caudalie products, then it'll be hard not to like this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used a face mist but my skin gets really dry in the winter, might have to try one! xx

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.