10 Questions about Autumn

Autumn is here and I couldn't be more excited! Obviously the summer months are amazing, but Autumn is just as charming for its own spec...

Finland Lapland travel cabin

Autumn is here and I couldn't be more excited! Obviously the summer months are amazing, but Autumn is just as charming for its own special reasons. I thought it would be fun to tell you why I enjoy this season so much, so I took a couple of 'TAG' series that I found online and combined them into a new list. I hope you'll enjoy this post and please don't hesitate to tell me what you love about Autumn in the comments section!

1- What signifies the start of Autumn for you?
The weather has been awful in Belgium these past few weeks with cloudy days and a lot of rain, so I'm actually feeling the Autumn vibe early this year! Usually it's the start of uni in September that kicks off Autumn for me. Everything goes so fast after that, before you know it Halloween will be around the corner.

2- What is your favourite scent for this time of the year?
I think I'll go with patchouli. Oh, and vanilla! I especially love scents like vanilla or tonka bean in perfume. I'm thrilled to wear Diesel Loverdose Tattoo and Dior Hypnotic Poison more often again. I wear the Diesel perfume all year round, but somehow the fragrance seems extra special to me in colder weather.

3- What about scented candles?
H&M Crisp Cotton has been my favourite candle of 2015, and I will happily burn it for the rest of the year! There's something very comforting about the scent.

4- Do you have a favourite Autumn colour? 
I love burgundy and plum shades. For makeup I'll use something like MAC's Cranberry eyeshadow more often in Autumn and Winter than any other time of the year; it's my favourite product for a holiday makeup look as well.

Yumchaa Earl Grey Blue Star loose leaf tea

5- Favourite drink in Autumn?
I'm a big fan of tea all year round, but even more so during Autumn and Winter. Preferably with a scoop (or two) of honey! I actually made myself a cup of loose rose tea before writing this blog post. Cheers!

6- Describe your favourite Fall outfit.
Flannel shirt or knit jumper, ripped jeans, boots and a huge parka coat. Fluffy socks are a must if I'm lounging at home! PS. I may or may not be planning a future blog post on my favourite outfits...

7- What TV show, old or new, are you looking forward to this season?
American Horror Story! 'Hotel' starts in October. The excitement levels are high. I CAN'T. WAIT. I always look for new TV shows to watch in Autumn, what is something you'd recommend?

Finland travel Autumn vans


8- Favourite activity during Autumn?
This doesn't really count as an activity, but I love walking through leaves and hearing them crunch underneath my feet. There's something so calming about that sound! I would like to take regular walks through the forest, something I did all the time in Finland last year (I mean, 70% of Joensuu WAS forest so I didn't have much of a choice) but haven't really done since I came back. Looking for pinecones to decorate the house is fun too! Besides that, watching movies or baking is probably my favourite thing to do in Autumn.

9- What food recipe do you typically love in Autumn?
That's a tough one, because there are so many dishes I enjoy in the colder seasons. Last year I used to make this vegetable dish with red onion, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms ALL the time. So delicious! I like quiche and mac & cheese too. For dessert: warm apple cake. Yumm!

10- Favourite Halloween movie?
The Nightmare Before Christmas, hands down! It's been my favourite movie since I was a little girl. Every year at the start of Autumn I get excited to watch it over and over again.

What is your favourite thing about Autumn?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Hmmm yes, patchouli and vanilla, yums! I never watched AHS, maybe I should change that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ะะฝะฝะฐ-ะะปะธะฝะฐ ะ“ะตะฒะตะปัŽะบ26 September 2015 at 23:04

    Loooove autumn!!! If you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool! Hope you'll like it. I guess AHS is a love or hate thing, I personally enjoyed the story of Asylum the most, while a lot of people I know told me they prefer Coven :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea is hands down my favorite thing to drink during the Fall times! Also, I tried watching AHS but it often freaks me out too much haha!

    N- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautyglitter.nl3 October 2015 at 10:14

    Ik houd van cotton geuren, dus die H&M geurkaars moet ik maar snel even ruiken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hij is geweldig! Zelfs als de kaars niet brandt, merk ik soms dat hij toch geur afgeeft, echt heerlijk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone! I'm curious to see how scary they'll make it this season. And yay, a fellow tea lover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Wait, a post on your favourite general outfits, or favourite /fall/ outfits?? EITHER WAY, STILL WOULD LOVE TO SEE 'EM)
    For a second there, I was like, "H&M does candles???" AND THEN I REMEMBERED IT'S BECAUSE OF H&M HOME, WHICH WE DON'T HAVE U.U
    But yes. Tea. Been enjoying loads of chai and lemon tea with honey! As for fall TV--FRESH OFF THE BOAT AND AGENTS OF SHIELD!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit of both because I love wearing jumpers and scarves all the time, but I guess it's just the perfect timing/excuse to make it a fall themed outfit post haha! I don't know when the post'll be up though, I have to find time to shoot pictures first! But YAY I'm glad you're excited for it :D
    Moment of silence because you don't have H&M Home :( and thanks for the TV recommendations, I'll know what to do this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.