Personal· I'm going to Finland!

I heard some exciting news last week: I am moving to Finland in September !


I heard some exciting news last week: I am moving to Finland in September!

As you may or may not know, I'm currently a linguistics student at Ghent University in Belgium. Going abroad for one semester in the final bachelor year is part of our curriculum - this means every student is supposed to participate. The past couple weeks have been hectic, from attending info meetings about the Erasmus programme to the official announcement last Friday.

I am so happy I get the opportunity to live in a country I probably wouldn't be visiting soon if it wasn't for the Erasmus programme. I'm not sure yet when or how often, but I will post updates on here, too. After all, the main reason why I started this blog was to write about my life and travels. (Funny how that turned out, huh!) Maybe an weekly diary once I get there?


I'll be travelling to Joensuu, in Eastern Finland. Joensuu means 'mouth of the river', which makes sense, because the place is located where the river Pielisjoki flows out into Lake Pyhäselkä (I totally copy pasted those names). One of my classmates was in Joensuu last semester, so luckily I can go to her for questions. I don't know much about the city, but what I've heard so far is that it's a lovely place to live, with lots of other students and activities. 


Of course I'm hoping to explore the country while I'm up there! Helsinki has been on my travel list for a long time so hopefully we can head there for a few days. My classmate even visited Lapland, so I'm definitely keeping that in mind!

Have you ever studied abroad? I'd love to hear about it!

Image source: Google

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. WHOAAAA congrats, Lys! You're going to have so much fun! What turned out to be my 5-year-and-counting stay in Belgium did start out as a master's program, so yes I have studied abroad! Doing a master's program probably isn't as fun as Erasmus tho. I know that Erasmus students have much more free time to explore! In any case, I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sunny! I'm really excited and a bit scared at the same time, but I'm sure once everything's been arranged I'll look forward to it!
      So you came here to study and decided to stay huh? That's so cool :D

      Delete
  2. Woah, awesome, congratulations! I bet it will be an experience of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw, wat een kans! Heel veel plezier :)

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, congrats! Found you through EssieButton and your comment caught my eye because I live in Finland! :D So welcome, I really hope you'll like it. I myself live right next to Helsinki and I'm telling you, you definitely have to visit the capital, it's such a gorgeous city. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely try to visit Helsinki! I'll be in Finland for at least 4 months so I'd be a fool not to head to Helsinki while I'm there :D

      Delete
  5. Wauw, super gaaf zeg! Alvast heel veel plezier!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.