Spotlight: Eau Precieuse & Lush Tea Tree Water

Today I'd like to show you two products in my skincare routine, the Eau Précieuse lotion and Tea Tree Water toner from Lush. I use ...


Today I'd like to show you two products in my skincare routine, the Eau Précieuse lotion and Tea Tree Water toner from Lush. I use both as a post-cleansing treatment before I apply moisturizer. They're suitable for blemished skin, but since I noticed different effects on my skin, I compared the two and I found out they're not as similar as I thought.



Eau Précieuse is an exfoliating lotion for oily and/or blemished skin. It comes in a large bottle that seals with a screw cap, which to be honest is a bit inconvenient. Due to the large opening, it's inevitable not to waste product with each use. But despite that, the amount of product you get (375 ml) is enough to last months! Eau Précieuse is colourless and has the scent of menthol and eucalyptus. It doesn't bother me, but if you're not a fan of products that smell somewhat medical, I'd recommend skipping this. 

The brand promises two things: to purify the skin and reduce blemishes. My face always feels refreshed and soft after using this. After a while I learnt that the trick with Eau Précieuse it that 'less is more' (oh the irony with what I wrote about the packaging). I usually focus on the problem areas on my face, i.e. chin and forehead - after all this is a chemical exfoliant so no need to go over the top here - and swipe what's left on the cotton pad round my face and neck. I don't feel like my skin needs this lotion every day it so I leave it out a couple days a week.



IngredientsAqua, Boric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Tannic Acid, Glycerol, Eucalyptus Globulus, Xylenol, Sodium Oleate, Sodium Hydroxide, Levomenthol, Eucalyptol.



Eau Précieuse is available at pharmacies for about 10 euros per bottle.





The second product we'll talk about is Lush's Tea Tree Water, a toner water suitable for blemished, normal to oily skin. The bottle has a spray cap, which I can only applaud! The product contains 5 ingredients - 3 of which are natural! Tea tree water is known to reduce acne and heal skin, while grape fruit is rich in Vitamin A and C, and holds anti-oxidant qualities. 

I loved using Tea Tree Water last summer. It felt so refreshing to spray some product on my face after a hard day at work. Though this toner doesn't really work for me at the moment. It's made my skin feel slightly tight, probably due to the cold, windy weather of the past weeks. I've tried spraying the product directly onto my hands and massaging it in my skin instead of using a cotton pad, which does help! Using a moisturizer afterwards is key during this time of the year. Do that and you're good.


Ingredients: Tea tree water, Grapefruit water, Juniperberry, Perfume, Methylparaben



Tea Tree Water retails for €11.65 (250 g) and €5.55 (100 g) at Lush stores or lush.com




A short overview to sum up:

Eau Précieuse lotion- €10 for a 375 ml bottle isn't bad! Eau Précieuse is refreshing and helps eliminate impurities. The only tip I'd give you with this lotion is to use it moderately.
Lush Tea Tree Water toner- Giving the packaging with spray cap a big thumbs up! This toner is full of natural ingredients, feels refreshing on the skin and helps eliminate impurities. The only downside: It tends to make my skin feel a bit tight on cold days.


The purpose of both products is to purify and heal skin, except they contain completely different ingredients to achieve that. I'm a fan of both Eau Précieuse and Tea Tree Water. I tend to use Eau Précieuse more often when I'm about to go outside. When I remove my make up after a long day, my go-to product is Tea Tree Water.


Are you familiar with Eau Précieuse or Lush toners? Do you use a chemical exfoliant?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love Eau Precieuse! I was interested in Lush's Tea Tree water but decided not to buy it because of the paraben in there, an ingredient I haven't seen in toners before so I found it a little unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good reason to skip it. I'm glad you like Eau Precieuse too!

      Delete
  2. I use tea tree oil as well, but in its pure natural form. I mix a few drops with my face cleanser every morning and evening. Seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that before, sounds great!

      Delete
  3. I love the lush toners! I've given you the Liebster award! www.nellyandnoopy.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these! I actually stopped using toners a little over a year ago, and I'm not sure I miss it! I know the general consensus is you need one (or even two), but my skin doesn't react too well to too much exfoliation/peeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people skip toner because they feel like it doesn't do anything, so you're probably right for not missing it! It's only in summer that I feel like I 'need' toner, mainly because it's so refreshing! :)

      Delete
  5. Deze twee zijn bij mij ook favoriet!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.