Mastering a bold lip: MAC Diva

Lip products have been on top of my wishlist lately. Over the past months I've grown a love for lipstick so big, I'm completel...

 photo mac-diva-lipstick_zps9bd805b2.jpg
 photo mac-matte-lipstick-diva_zpsec0c3878.jpg

Lip products have been on top of my wishlist lately. Over the past months I've grown a love for lipstick so big, I'm completely rediscovering my own makeup interests. When I put together my Christmas wishlist, it was no surprise you'd find MAC products on it. And as I predicted before, I got impatient and went ahead to treat myself to this gorgeous lipstick. No harm in that, right?

Diva is part of MAC Cosmetics' matte lipstick collection and one of their most popular shades. It's an intense dark burgundy which is said to suit most people. Although you'd expect this matte lipstick to be drying, its formula doesn't dry out the lips. This product does require some extra attention. Lining the lips prevents the colour from bleeding, and a lip brush is a great tool to control precise application, but isn't necessary. A lot of people swear by a good lip scrub before putting on Diva, too, to avoid the product to cling to dry patches. Cleaning up the edges with concealer afterwards is optional.

 photo mac-diva-lipstick-swatch-ed_zps413ff0d7.jpg

It took me a lot of bravery to start wearing dark lipstick - or lipstick at all, for that matter - but I must say I have been loving how it looks! My quest for a bigger lipstick collection doesn't end here, no, I actually received an exciting package last week. Expect more on that soon!

EDIT: Someone asked for a full face picture while wearing Diva, so here you have the gnarliest picture of me after a day at uni. Please excuse my massive under-eye circles, they are getting out of control and even concealer doesn't help anymore (any tips on that are welcome, by the way).
Anyway, this is what Diva looks like! The colour in the picture is true to how it looks in real life.

 photo mac-diva-lipstick-fullface-3_zps03397f39.jpg

What's your favourite lipstick?

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Hah, I just posted today that I really don't like how I look with dark lipstick... :-) Guess I'm still stuck in the not-used-to-it phase. So you got out of it huh, good for you! I'd love to see a full face shot or a lip swatch of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's too bad! Took me a lot of bravery to start wearing dark shades, or lipstick at all for that matter :D for some reason Diva looked completely different on every picture I took, so I'm really sorry for that! I'll try again and add a picture here :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Thanks :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this IS brave! Not only is the color pretty vampy, it is also pretty matte! I don't really think I have the guts to wear it! I bet it's pretty lightly dabbed on as a stain as well though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it as a stain yet, I did find out that when I use some lip balm right before applying Diva with a lip brush, the product kind of blends into the balm and the finish is glossier! So maybe that's an option for people who love the colour, but think it's a bit risky :)

      Delete
  3. Love this colour, I'm glad you ventured into the world of vamp-y lips! Its such a fun look.
    Also, great review/ swatches!

    xx
    http://fallenfeathersbeautyblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, it is fun! Diva is pretty worn on its own, and I've even tried an ombre lip with it and it looks so cool! Thanks, Jolanta!

      Delete
  4. Ooh wauw! Ik ben net op zoek naar zo'n kleurtje!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, binnenkort even bij MAC langs dan? :D ik zou Diva zeker aanraden!

      Delete
  5. Oh it looks great on you! And you look really fresh-faced, you have nothing to worry about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wat een gave kleur! staat je echt goed:)

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.