What's in my shower?

Besides yours truly ? Lots and lots of bath stuff. In the shower, on the bathroom shelf, even filling a drawer in the bedroom. Of anything...

shower products Lush The Body Shop Antipodes

Besides yours truly? Lots and lots of bath stuff. In the shower, on the bathroom shelf, even filling a drawer in the bedroom. Of anything cosmetics related, buying bath products is my biggest weakness. It used to be nail polish, but that was until I discovered stores like Lush and The Body Shop. Oh, that soapy goodness. 

Since I try so many different bath products, I thought it might be fun every now and then to discuss what I'm using. So far in 2015 I have made an effort to improve the condition of my hair by sticking to the same couple of products and avoiding heat. But then I've also indulged in body care...

Lush Braziliant shampoo shower

Hair care
s Lush Brazilliant solid shampoo bar (pictured)
Brazilliant is one of the newer solid shampoos which Lush released last year. Lush changed the formula so they're softer than the original shampoo bars. I prefer solid shampoo over liquid shampoo because it lasts longer and shampoo bars are safe to take in a travel bag. I chose Brazilliant because it's gentle on fine, damaged hair. The fragrance is soothing, a bit sweet even and it lingers on my hair all day after washing. I have been using Brazilliant twice a week since around New Year's and I think I can get another month's use out of it. Next I want to try Jason and the Argan Oil shampoo.
s Lush Squeaky Green shampoo bar
A completely different shampoo is Squeaky Green. This one smells very fresh and herbal. Ingredients like rosemary and peppermint stimulate the roots, and it's also got chamomile to soothe the scalp. I use this shampoo bar when I'm experiencing irritation or when I want my hair to feel extra clean.

Post-shower:
s Tangle Teezer
I picked up a Tangle Teezer when I was in London last summer. After all the hype I wanted to see for myself if it's that good. It really does make brushing hair easier! I use the Tangle Teezer only on towel-dry hair after washing.
s Garnier hair oil
This is the last step in my haircare routine. I apply this oil on my hair about up to my ears (don't apply it to the roots!) and then I just let it sink in. My hair's very dry after years of bleaching at home and using styling tools - and skipping regular hair treatments to compensate the damage - so it needs a lot of hydration.

The Body Shop Honeymania body butter shower product dry skin

Body care
s Lush Rose Jam shower gel (pictured)
Probably the best-known shower gel ever made by Lush. Its sweet, floral fragrance blows my mind every time as if it's the first time I've smelled it (does that even make sense?). Rose Jam is not a product I would use every day because the scent can be a bit overwhelming, but if I want to take a relaxing bath or when I need a pick-me-up that's what I'll go for. Rose Jam works well paired with other warm scents too, like I explained in this post.
s Philosophy Coconut Frosting 
Coconut Frosting is a 3-in-1 bath product, which can be used as a shampoo or to create a bubble bath, but I personally like it best as a shower gel. The light scent of coconut has been so lovely for spring. I wrote a more detailed review on Coconut Frosting *here*.
s Fa Coconut Yoghurt shower cream
Similar to the shower gel by Philosophy, but this one makes my skin buttery soft. Fa shower creams are amongst my favourite body care products!
s homemade sugar scrub
Fun fact: A few years back I was fascinated with making my own bath products! Last year I made a rather large (whoops) batch of sugar scrub so it'll take me another few months to use it all up. I am pretty sure there's Vitamin E oil in there, but I can't remember what else. This scrub is gentle enough on my skin and lathers up so it nourishes at the same time.
s The Body Shop Polar Bear sponge 
Would you believe me when I say I've wanted to mention this thing for months now? Last Christmas I picked up the cutest bath sponge from The Body Shop. Best purchase everrr. It works great for scrubbing too.

Post-shower:
s The Body Shop body butters (pictured) 
Body butters are life. Lately my skin has been crazy dry, so body butter is a must. My favourite is the one with honey, but I also like the Vineyard Peach collection.

The attentive reader may have spotted the tube of Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask in the first picture. The Aura face mask is my go-to for when my skin is lacking hydration. Lately I've been pairing it with Caudalie's Enzymatic Peel mask. I will write about this duo in a separate post soon!

Random question of the day: Are you a bath or a shower person?

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Lovely post! I really want to try one of lush's shampoo bars! I am also a massive fan of the honey body butter by the body shop, its such a beautiful scent!


    Jodie | www.whatjodieloves.com


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I really wanna try a Lush shampoo asap. I like both baths & showers, but a bath every other week is just lovely and super relaxing!

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bettie achternaam25 April 2015 at 21:00

    Fijne producten gebruik je! Ik ben ook echt een lush liefhebber als het om douchespulletjes gaat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mijn douche staat ook helemaal vol met spulletjes. Ik heb alleen wel liever liquid shampoos dan een blok zeep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is, I can't get enough of it! The shampoo bars are definitely worth giving a try. There's so many to choose from as well. I hope you'll find one you like soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. True! Nothing like a relaxing bath every now and then :D and Lush shampoos are awesome! Have you decided which one you want or not yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, nog een Lush-fan! :) krijg echt niet genoeg van hun producten.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Het is inderdaad niet ideaal, ik verbruikte alleen zoveel shampoo voor ik deze begon te gebruiken. Gelukkig werken de shampoo bars echt fijn :) ieder zijn ding natuurlijk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am definitely a shower person. I don't even have a bathtub in my apartment, and for the most part I don't miss it (I have no patience to sit in a tub)! I've never tried a shampoo bar but you are right: it's much safer for trips and last longer. Will have to look into the Lush ones (I don't even know if anyone else makes these)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of any besides Lush either... At least not on the "popular market" haha :) I'm sure you will find lots of natural brands selling them on sites like Etsy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm a mixture of both. i'm very picky about how i take my baths, but it's easier for me to wash my hair in the shower since i'm so picky.
    will have to look into the lush shampoo bars, i've been rampant about rotating my shampoos lately (as in i never use the same one twice in a row), and my friend that works there swears by them.
    love rose jam as well! it sold out before i could pick up a new bottle this year.

    brooke | brooke elise beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love body shop body butters....

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's too bad! Luckily Rose Jam'll be back in a few months ;) and I agree, baths are so relaxing but showering is just easier! I hope you'll find a shampoo bar you like if you decide to give them a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're awesome, aren't they :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. EXACTLY! One of the best products at The Body Shop imo :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, zoveel heerlijke producten en fijne merken!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ik heb echt teveel doucheproducten, ze staan wel niet allemaal in de douche maar in een gigantische bak in de badkamer. Ik vrees dat er echt zo'n 5 shampoo's, 10 douchegels en 6 scrubs in gebruik zijn haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, blij dat ik niet de enige ben :D anders bekeken is het ook wel fijn om de luxe te hebben elke week af te kunnen wisselen!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.