Go-to perfume of the moment: Diesel Loverdose Tattoo

 photo diesel-loverdose-tattoo_zps7a855095.jpg
 photo diesel-loverdose-tattoo-2_zps4176e991.jpg

A few months ago, Diesel extended their Loverdose fragrance range by releasing a new perfume. Loverdose Tattoo is an oriental-floral scent inspired by tattoos and aims at strong, self-confident women. Tattoos are a way of expressing yourself, which is very personal because after all, you carry them with you for the rest of your life. Tattooing is an art form that goes way back. Egyptian mummified females showed signs of markings, most often associated to fertility or tribal hierarchy. Did you know tattoos were popular amongst Victorian women? Yes, quite some upper class ladies got inked during the 1700-1800s and it was considered tasteful and sexy.

 photo diesel-loverdose-tattoo-1_zpse756fa02.jpg

All of this explains why Diesel chose the perfect theme for their new perfume. Loverdose Tattoo will add a sophisticated sensuality to your body. It has a seductive side to it - just like falling in love or getting tattooed, it can be quite addictive! The top notes are: bergamot, mandarin orange, cassis; the middle notes include: rose, orange blossom, jasmine sambac, and the base notes: tonka bean, rice, vanilla and milk. The scent is not overwhelming, in fact it's fairly sweet with a spicy edge and lingers a long time. Presented in the familiar jagged heart shape bottle - notice the dagger piercing the heart right through the centre? - and covered in a mysterious dark cloak, the Loverdose Tattoo perfume will look great on your dressing table. I personally am intrigued by the design.

Diesel's Loverdose Tattoo is a great perfume for autumn and winter. I got it about 3 weeks ago and it's been my favourite scent both for daytime wear or at night.


Do you own any Diesel perfumes?

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I love the bottle! But I'm not sure if I'd like this scent, usually I'm more attracted to fresh musky scents :) I do really like your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first heard about the perfume, I thought the scent would be very heavy. Turned out it's actually alright! And thanks so much, that means a lot!

      Delete
  2. Sounds lovely! I don't think I've ever had a whiff of it... I'll have to, next time I'm in the perfume department :)

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Describing scents is a tricky one for me, but I'm glad I convinced you to check it out! :D

      Delete
  3. ben benieuwd naar de geur. het flesje vind ik in ieder geval erg mooi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja he, ik vind het iets stoers hebben. Hopelijk vind je de geur wat!

      Delete
  4. Hey Lys, I'm glad to hear you like this so much! I want to like it, but it doesn't work well with my skin's chemistry. I think our skin chooses the perfume just like we do ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Sunny, that's a pity! If only all perfumes we liked would work, right ;) luckily there's plenty other fragrances to choose from. I have to admit it took me several tries before deciding I liked this scent enough to buy it, and now I love it :)

      Delete
  5. Lijkt me een heerlijke geur! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooi flesje! Ik ken alleen de gewone Loverdose van diesel maar dit is een andere variant, Loverdose van Diesel is wel super lekker! Ben benieuwd naar deze geur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik vind het uiterlijk van het flesje echt heel leuk, ik kijk onbewust vaak naar de verpakking van producten en laat dat mijn mening over het product beรฏnvloeden. Deze ziet er echt tof uit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha guilty! Het flesje was ook het eerste wat mijn aandacht trok :D maar het parfum is gelukkig super dus win-win situatie om het te kopen

      Delete
  8. Mooie foto's! Deze geur ken ik nog niet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deze is heerlijk! Hij heeft ook zo'n mooie verpakking, leuk :) Liefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leuk dat je 'm ook fijn vindt! En ja, het flesje is echt zo mooi

      Delete
  10. I am allergic to any perfume (sucks for me) but I do love Diesel clothes

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is one of the most beautiful flacons ever! <3

    kissboombang, lilly.
    Bonnie & Kleid

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.