Current favourites #1

The blog has been up for 9 (!) months now. It's crazy how much fun I've had writing and taking pictures. I really do enjoy bein...

 photo current-favourites-122013_zps3fddb5b3.jpg

The blog has been up for 9 (!) months now. It's crazy how much fun I've had writing and taking pictures. I really do enjoy being part of the blogging world. As it's the end of 2013, I thought a quick overview of my current favourite beauty products/tools might be appropriate. I love reading about people's favourites but it never occurred to me that maybe you'd be curious about mine too.
Everything pictured above was purchased in/after September.

First is my dearest Chanel lipstick (*full review here*). I got it at the beginning of November and it's been my most loved lip product since. The quality is impeccable. The Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation has been my go-to foundation for months now. My skin is picky when it comes to foundation, but this one hasn't caused any breakouts, which makes it an instant favourite. The nail polish is from Maybelline and I love wearing it during the cold seasons. This picture doesn't show the exact colour; it's a pretty turquoise and has a slightly more green-ish hint to it. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser (*full review here*) is again one of those products you'll start loving the moment you try it. This mild cleanser removes all dirt and leaves skin feeling fresh. A great tool when creating eyeshadow looks is the MAC 217 brush. It is the brand's most popular makeup brush; perfect for application and blending of eyeshadow. I use it daily. Always does what I want! The last item pictured has nothing to do with beauty, so maybe it was a bit odd to add it here. It's been one of my favourites though. Carhartt is a great brand. Since October, Ghent has its own Carhartt WIP store and I got their Fall/Winter brand book for free (thanks again for that)! The images inside are amazing, I love looking through it for inspiration and you may recognize the cover; it makes such a cool background to shoot products! I've used it multiple times because I cannot resist the beautiful cover image.

What are your most loved products of the moment? Any non-beauty favourites?

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. De kleur van je lipstick ziet er heel mooi uit! Ik heb zelf ook een rode Chanel lipstick, maar bij mij gaat die er altijd super snel af. Heb jij daar geen last van?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echt afgaan doet hij bij mij niet. Blijft mooi zitten zelfs, behalve als ik iets eet, dan moet ik terug bijwerken. Jammer dat hij bij jou zo snel afgaat! Heb je ook eentje van de Allure Velvet lijn?

      Delete
  2. De CHANEL lipstick is prachtig! Ik heb hem ook, maar dan een tikje donkerder. De Bourjois Foundation is ook heel fijn inderdaad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik keek even op je blog, de jouwe is ook heel mooi! Ik gebruik niks anders meer dan de foundation van Bourjois, met mijn gevoelig huidje :p

      Delete
  3. die ultra facial cleanser van kiehl's is echt holy grail stuff op cleanser gebied! inderdaad ontzettend fijn spul, en ja de 217 van mac is nu eenmaal de rolls royce onder de oogschaduwkwasten :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true :D ik heb veeeel te lang gewacht om de 217 (en nog een paar andere hele goeie kwasten) te kopen, schande als ik nu zie hoe vaak ik ze gebruik

      Delete
  4. Mooie foto! Dat lakje is erg mooi! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die lipstick, die wil ik ook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die lipstick lijkt me erg mooi! Ik had die Healthy mix foundation ook, die is echt heel fijn. Toen kocht ik de Happy Light foundation van Bourjois maar die bevalt me echt niet :( Dus toen na een tijdje maar een andere gekocht, de stay matte van Rimmel, en die bevalt me goed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jammer dat de Happy Light foundation tegenviel! Ik heb hem zelf nog niet geprobeerd. Wel leuk dat je nu een gevonden hebt die wel goed is :)

      Delete
  7. The MAC 217 is my favourite brush of all time. Perfect for blending eyeshadows and concealer too!
    I've head a lot of great things about Bourjois Healthy Mix, I seriously need to give it a try!!
    Great list of products!

    XO
    http://fallenfeathersbeautyblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought of applying concealer with the 217, thanks for the tip! The main reason I like the Healthy Mix foundation is because my skin doesn't react bad to it and it gives great coverage without feeling cakey on the skin, so that's great!

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.