Bourjois Java Rice Powder

It seems as if these green little tins have been playing hide and seek ever since they became available in Belgium, but I finally found on...

 photo bourjois-java-rice-powder_zpsd56c9e27.jpg

It seems as if these green little tins have been playing hide and seek ever since they became available in Belgium, but I finally found one! I'm talking about the Bourjois Java Rice Powder, an illuminating loose powder that is actually a relaunch of the brand's first bestseller back in 1879! Today it is a loved product amongst beauty bloggers and with good reason. 


First of all the packaging is gorgeous. The vintage-inspired print adds a nice detail to the product and its historical background. Loose powder brings out the clumsy person in me; luckily the twist-click mechanism inside makes the product much easier to work with. Java Rice Powder smoothens and lights up the complexion. There are two ways I'll use it: to highlight parts of my face, such as the cheeks and nosebridge, or to set my makeup lightly. Once applied to the face, the product turns transluscent and adds radiance to the skin. I usually go for a matte finish, but lately I've been prefering a glowy base more often.

For around 10 euros, the Java Rice Powder makes a worthy dupe for the Guerlain Meteorites Perles. Need I say more? If you haven't tried Bourjois' renewed loose powder yet, then I'll tell you this: go get it!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ik wil deze zo graag, maar hij is echt nergens te vinden :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echt jammer! Ik kon 'm ook nergens vinden maar een tweetal weken geleden lagen er plots een heleboel in het Bourjois-schap bij de Kruidvat. Misschien een nieuwe voorraad binnengekomen?

      Delete
  2. ooh i love de meteorites, ben benieuwd naar deze budget dupe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voor maar 10 euro is 'ie zeker 't proberen waard :)

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.