Summer lovin': Currently in my makeup bag

Despite the fact that it's been up to 35°C all week and therefore putting on makeup is about the last thing on my mind, I'm going...

 photo clarins-lip-perfector-zoeva-ysl-le-teint-touche-eclat-benefit-coralista-gosh-real-techniques_zpsd5054ddc.jpg

Despite the fact that it's been up to 35°C all week and therefore putting on makeup is about the last thing on my mind, I'm going to show you my favourite products of this month. On the rare occasion that I'll do a full makeup routine, from primer to setting spray, this is what I've been using the most.

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat- I'm still figuring out how to properly set this foundation on warmer days, but overall I've been loving it. The shade B10 matches my skin tone perfectly now that I'm a little bit more tanned (I could still pass for a ghost, though). The glowy finish is so pretty. Because this foundation is a light to medium coverage, you can build it up in layers and the result will still look very natural. My favourite brush to apply this is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Like I said, the product does tend to slide off. For me it always transfers on the 'problem areas' on my face where I wish to conceal blemishes. I thought it was just me, but nope, more people seem to be having this problem. If you know any tricks to keep the product in place other than prime/conceal/powder, let me know!

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector- Golden oldie and a product that (sort of*) convinced me to give lip gloss a second try. I keep one of the Lip Perfectors in my handbag in case I want something that's more than a standard lip balm and doesn't require a lot of work like applying a lipstick. This balm/gloss hybrid is hydrating and makes lips look more plump, all while giving them a sheer wash of colour. * I haven't even tried other lip glosses since I bought this. Whoops.

Benefit Coralista blush- A beautiful coral blush with a golden shimmer. The colour isn't as noticeable on my skin as I'd like it to, but the finish is gorgeous. I love how the golden sheen highlights my cheekbones.

GOSH grey kohl pencil- I recently rediscovered this kohl eyeliner pencil by GOSH. It used to be my go-to eyeliner for a 'not black for once' smokey eye years ago. Lately I've been using it to 'tightline' the upper waterline.

Zoeva Crease brush- This fluffy eyeshadow brush is too large to use in the crease of my eye. Instead I use it to apply powder under my eyes, for contouring and for a precise application of highlighter. I'm thinking of ordering another one of these because I use it every day and Zoeva brushes are very affordable.

Of course these aren't the only makeup products I've been loving. A well-deserved shout out goes to the YSL Rouge Voluptรฉ Shine lipsticks, MAC Fix+ spray, which I've been using to give my makeup a dewy finish and which is so refreshing on a hot day, The Body Shop baked eyeshadows and Max Factor's Clump Defy mascara, because it's the only product I can't go a day without.

What are your summer makeup essentials?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Coralista is preeeeetty! A great pick for your summer make-up bag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ik heb dat probleem helemaal niet met de YSL le teint touche eclat, maar ik heb wel een redelijk droge huid van mezelf, misschien dat het daaraan ligt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zou wel eens kunnen... Al is mijn huid eigenlijk ook niet vettig ofzo. 't Is telkens enkel op mijn kin dat de foundation zich niet vastzet. Heb met/zonder primer geprobeerd, met/zonder verschillende poeders, de volgende stap is een goede setting spray kopen en hopen dat dat de reddende engel is :)

      Delete
    2. De urban decay all nighter is echt een geweldige setting spray, misschien dat die inderdaad wel helpt :)

      Delete
  3. Le Teint Touche Eclat is ook รฉรฉn van mijn favoriete foundations! Maar het verdwijn-probleem heb ik niet, hoewel ik een gecombineerde huid heb. Misschien is je moisturizer te voedend? En als setting powder gebruik ik MAC PRO Set Powder. Dat spul houdt bij mij iedere foundation netjes op zijn plek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci voor de tip! Ik ben inderdaad niet heel zuinig met mijn moisturizer :p ik zal eens moeten uittesten wat het verschil is zonder

      Delete
  4. Oh I've been SUPER lazy! Most of the time I do some Estee Lauder Clear Difference BB cream, eyebrows, a bit of cream blush and lip color and call it a day. When I want to look fancier, I reach for Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. It's the best foundation I've found for my oily skin (because it photographs well. Estee Lauder Double Wear Light lasts and lasts, but it doesn't photograph well).

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.