MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

I am one of those people who's been blessed with dark undereye circles from a young age. Sometimes they get a bit out of control and t...

 photo mac-pro-longwear-concealer_zps91b6be4c.jpg

I am one of those people who's been blessed with dark undereye circles from a young age. Sometimes they get a bit out of control and they turn all shades of purple and blue. No big deal - although it's nice to know which products can help make them less obvious (this picture never fails to make me laugh). The Pro Longwear concealer by MAC Cosmetics does a pretty good job at hiding those dark circles.

The bottle of Pro Longwear concealer you see above is in the shade NW15. Normally I'd have to go for products with yellow undertones to match my skin tone, but to get rid of the blue/purpleish pigment around my eyes, a concealer with pink undertones is a better option. This is heavy duty, full-coverage stuff. On top of foundation it cancels out pretty much all blue/purpleness and worn on its own it's awesome too. At the moment NW15 is a bit too light for me, however I like that it brightens the undereye area. I apply a tiny amount in a reverse-triangle shape and then I pat the product into my skin using a Zoeva Concealer Buffer brush or my fingers. Thanks to the runny consistency, you'll only need to apply a very thin layer and build up where needed. It's important to do this carefully, because like with other base products, it will be noticeable if you've put too much on. It takes a few minutes for the concealer to set, which should be long enough to blend.

Whereas the product is easy to work with, I did struggle with the packaging for a while. The small bottle looks sleek and nice, but the pump it comes with is nothing but trouble. It dispenses enough to use on several people rather than one; obviously that's too much, which means a lot of the product goes to waste. After months of having the Pro Longwear concealer, I still hope for the MAC gods to be in my favour each time I'm about to use it. For a long time I stored the leftover product in a sample jar and used it up the next day, but the consistency just wasn't the same. Don't get me wrong, this is one of the better concealers I've tried for the undereye area, but that pump makes me sad. From what I've heard, everyone hates the pump. So please, MAC, hear our prayers and do something about the packaging!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I use the befefit concealer, and i love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one is it you're using? I might have to try it too!

      Delete
    2. I use the Fake up concealer. It looks like a lipstick xD

      Delete
    3. Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  2. Ik heb hier al veel goede verhalen over gehoord en ben er ondertussen ook erg nieuwsgierig naar geworden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, hij voldoet absoluut aan de verwachtingen! Als er veel pigmentatie is die je wilt bedekken, kan het wel zijn dat die niet volledig verdwijnt met de concealer. Werkt ook prima op de rest van het gezicht trouwens, was ik in de blog post vergeten vermelden :p

      Delete
  3. I've used and loved this one for a looong time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to check it out! Looking for a concealer with high coverage that's moisturizing at the same time. And of course one that works for my very pale skin. Do you think this could be the one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you if it's moisturizing or not, because it depends for each person, how well you moisturized your skin before applying and what products/powder you put on top, but you'll definitely find the right shade for you! MAC have so many. I'd say just give it a go!

      Delete
  5. Die pomp en ik kwamen ook niet overeen. Ik probeerde altijd een heel klein beetje eruit te persen, en uiteindelijk kwam er toch een volledige pomp uit. Ik ben helaas moeten stoppen met hem te gebruiken, omdat ik een allergische reactie erop kreeg :( Vind het nog altijd spijtig, want vond het ook een fantastisch product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moh, inderdaad super jammer! En die pomp, frustratie alom! Gelukkig werkt het wat beter nu het flesje meer dan halfleeg is

      Delete
  6. Right??? I want to test out this concealer but the pump is so damn annoying. If I mixed it with a BB/moisturizer, I'll bet it's enough to cover the whole face!!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.