Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask

Here I am... talking about Lush again, all day erry'day . A while back I returned 5 empty pots and toner bottles, which meant I coul...


Here I am... talking about Lush again, all day erry'day. A while back I returned 5 empty pots and toner bottles, which meant I could pick one of their fresh face masks for free! When I was suffering from a lot of angry blemishes around February/March, I thought I'd give Catastrophe Cosmetic a go. This is a deep-cleansing mask that's suitable for all skin types, but it's also very gentle on sensitive skin - one of the main reasons why I got it, and it really was effective at calming my skin down.


Catastrophe Cosmetic is packed with antioxidants (fresh blueberries!) and soothing ingredients, like calamine powder (this one's also the cleansing miracle worker), Irish moss, camomile, talc. There's also rose oil and orange oil in there, two multi-purpose oils that hold antiseptic qualities and soothe irritated skin, while the almond oil in this face mask will bring moisture back into the skin.

The consistency is thick and clay-like. Because the fresh face masks from Lush are supposed to be kept in the fridge, it feels super fresh on the skin. The brand suggests leaving on Catastrophe Cosmetic for about 10-15 minutes. I always washed it off after 10 minutes max. because the mask would dry so quickly it started flaking off - sexy huh, I know. This is also why I'd only apply it in the shower, to avoid a mess in my bathroom. My skin did look a bit red after I'd washed the mask off, but it would be just fine after doing the rest of my skincare routine. My skin would feel calm and nourished after using Catastrophe Cosmetic. Tip: This one is great for sensitive skin in general - When the face mask expired after 3 weeks, I still had half of the product left. I really didn't want to throw so much away so I used it on my legs instead. Soft skin guaranteed.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I want! hun maskers zijn echt heel goed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lush masks but the one thing that sucks about them is that they expire so fast :-( I never manage to finish them either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik heb hem zelf ook, ik vind hem zo ontzettend fijn! Allen best duur agjaa je moet er iets voor over hebben he? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, inderdaad niet goedkoop maar bij Lush is het wel waard om eens wat meer te betalen!

      Delete
  4. De maskers van de Lush zijn zo fijn <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Het klinkt heerlijk! Alleen wel een beperkte houdbaarheidsdatum.. Dat is niet aan mij besteed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dat is er inderdaad wel jammer aan! Ik krijg die maskers echt nooit op tijd op :p

      Delete
  6. Amazing post, dear!

    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.