Helping hands: Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops

In a world where everything has to go fast and there's no time to lose, it's no wonder that beauty brands would start bringing the...

Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops

In a world where everything has to go fast and there's no time to lose, it's no wonder that beauty brands would start bringing their version of time-saving products into the stores. The first thing that comes to mind when I hear 'beauty' and 'fast' together is fast-drying top coats. I hate when I have to wait for my nail polish to dry - I often forget I have a fresh manicure and end up smudging the polish. This year Bourjois released the Instant Dry Nail Enamel Dryer. They are easy-to-use nail drops that help nail polish dry twice as fast.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago I am always buying new bottles of top coat. I change the colour of my nail polish a lot so base coats and top coats don't last very long here. When I read about these new nail drops I thought they might be a good alternative, and they'd help help speed up the drying process.

Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops

IngredientsC10-12 isoparaffin, disiloxane, paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), gossypium herbaceum (cotton) seed oil

The ingredients list is short, but it looks alright! Besides reducing the drying time of any nail polish applied underneath, the Instant Dry drops also nourish the nails and cuticles, and leave a shiny finish. The pipette the bottle comes with makes the concentrate easy to use. I would suggest using it as a last step in your manicure. The consistency is oily, which I personally don't mind because the ingredients moisturize the cuticles, but do note that it's also very runny. Things could get a bit messy if you'd want to use the drops inbetween applying layers. I like to wait about 5 minutes to let the polish dry and then I rub whatever's left of the Instant Dry drops in my cuticles. Sometimes I will use a fast-drying top coat first before dripping the concentrate on top.

As promised by Bourjois, the Instant Dry drops speed up manicures visibly. With a normal top coat it'd take up to 15 minutes for nail polish to dry completely (my ultimate test is to gently press a finger onto the nail and see if it leaves a fingerprint), but thanks to this concentrate it's reduced to 5 minutes, 10 max, though that rarely happens. This makes me very happy! The Instant Dry Nail Enamel Dryer was my first introduction to fast-drying nail drops. After I've used up this bottle - which won't be for another year or so, there is a lot of product in there! - I definitely want to try more of these. I've read positive words on a couple of fast-drying sprays too, so they've got my attention!

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Mariëlle M.16 May 2015 at 14:54

    Dit is echt een oplossing, ik heb er een van miss sporty, in de vorm van een lakje!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, I'm glad to hear this actually works! I usually use Dior Top Coat Abricot. Since that dries really fast, I've never really thought about getting something like this. They almost always use this at nail salons tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like something I really need to get my hands on!! It's the first time I came across instant dry drops from a low-budget brand. I like xD


    x Aurélie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die van Miss Sporty heb ik nog niet geprobeerd, werkt het fijn? Dan hou ik het zeker een keer in de gaten :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? I've never been to a nail salon before, so I wouldn't know :D I've always used top coats too, but when I saw these I felt like I HAD to try them. I like that these nail drops can't turn sticky like normal nail polishes do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard Essence have fast-drying nail drops & a spray too, I've only tried these though so I can't compare the brands. Anyway, I hope you'll like it if you decide to get a bottle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Laat me weten wat je ervan vindt :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ik heb dit ook, maar ik gebruik het niet heel vaak. Stom eigenlijk, want inderdaad, 't werkt wel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds promising! Have you ever tried Seche Vite? I can't live without that stuff anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ja ik gebruik deze nu ook niet altijd, maar als 't snel moet gaan of ik heb gewoon geen zin om een halfuur bezig te zijn (veel te vaak tegenwoordig :p) komt het zeker van pas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't. Yet! :D I'm very curious to try it though, I know a lot of people who swear by Seche Vite too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate waiting around for my nails to dry! Especially when you paint your nails the night before, waking up to pillow textured nails is never a good morning starter haha! Happy to hear about this one, I will surely pick it up next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leuk dat het daardoor minder lang duurt! Aanzienlijk minder zelfs. Ik ben al een paar keer zo'n flesje tegengekomen in de winkel maar heb het nooit durven kopen. Misschien moet ik het mij toch ook maar eens aanschaffen :°)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, pillow textured nails are the worst :p hope you like the nail drops!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ja, fijn product deze druppeltjes! Had niet verwacht dat het (zo goed) zou werken, maar ik was aangenaam verrast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, super handig om te hebben deze!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.