Essie Mint Candy Apple & Sand Tropez

The newest nail polishes in my stash - what a strange word, isn't it - happen to be perfect for summer. I'm talking about Mint Ca...


The newest nail polishes in my stash - what a strange word, isn't it - happen to be perfect for summer. I'm talking about Mint Candy Apple and Sand Tropez from Essie. These are my first Essie polishes and although I didn't buy them expecting a longer-lasting manicure, I'm impressed. On the condition that I've used a top coat of course, manis aren't finished until after a top coat.



Sand Tropez is what I would consider the 'perfect nude' for me. I'm aware that this is a beige colour, but I've tried nude nail polishes with pink undertones and they looked awful. Sand Tropez compliments my skin tone better. This one is great if you're looking for a pretty neutral shade that isn't too light.

Mint Candy Apple is an eye-catching mint blue. It's a lot brighter than I expected, but nonetheless one of my favourites for this season. It looks really nice on my light skin tone. I'd love to combine this with a light grey polish for a simple nail art soon.

The consistency of Sand Tropez and Mint Candy Apple is on the thin side but application works fine. Both polishes need two layers to achieve an opaque finish. They last about 3-4 days on my nails before I need to touch up where there's tip wear, but only if I've applied a layer of top coat every day. If I tell you that a lot of my nail polishes start chipping after a day max, then the quality of these Essie polishes is not bad at all!

Which nail polish do you wear most often?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Essie, for the most part, can do no wrong with her polish shades. Both these shades are BEAUTS, and I actually read this post this morning, which prompted me to go to my local Walmart to look for Topless and Barefoot. As much as I adore the colour of Mint Candy Apple, I'm pretty sure I'll never wear it on my nails. (In other news, I am also going to ogle/admire how perfect your nail shape is)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you!! So funny/cool that you went to buy new nail polish after reading this :D I'll have to get more Essie polishes from now on, these are great. Topless & Barefoot looks so pretty too!

      Delete
  2. I really love neutral polishes, but I usually prefer the regular clear coat. Sand Tropez looks beautiful.

    Sofia | palelily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik vind 't hele gave kleurtjes! Ben sowieso gek op Essie, vind de nagellakjes daarvan zo goed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik dacht altijd dat ik met goedkopere nagellak even goed kon, maar ik merk het verschil echt wel! En ze hebben ook zo'n leuk assortiment kleuren :)

      Delete
  4. Oh die mint kleur heb ik ook, zo fijn! <3

    Love,

    Rowan


    Personal Style Blog WWW.REDREIDINGHOOD.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both colors are lovely! Especially Mint Candy Apple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh ik vind ze allebei echt ongelooflijk mooi op jouw nagels!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.