Coral craze: YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #12 (+ FOTD)

You ever buy something that makes you go Smeagol? Yeah... That's how I feel about my first lipstick from Yves Saint Laurent . Last mon...

 photo ysl-rouge-volupte-shine-12-corail-incandescente-2_zps4b42fb59.jpg

You ever buy something that makes you go Smeagol? Yeah... That's how I feel about my first lipstick from
Yves Saint Laurent. Last month I visited the YSL counter with a mission. After seeing Samantha from Batalash wear the Rouge Voluptรฉ Shine in the shade Corail Incandescent (#12) in one of her latest videos, I couldn't stop thinking about it. And if I can't get a lipstick out of my head, then you bet it's gonna be mine.

First things first: packaging. YSL makeup have some of the most beautifully designed packaging I have ever seen. The Rouge Voluptรฉ Shine lipsticks scream luxury. They're golden, except for the band in the middle which is the same colour as the product. The golden YSL logo wrapped around the lipstick case is the cherry on the cake that is this beaut. It doesn't surprise me that some people collect these just because they're so pretty.

 photo ysl-rouge-volupte-shine-12-corail-incandescente-fotd-2_zpsebb1b960.jpg


I wish this picture would have captured the true colour of Corail Incandescent better, oh and the shine! The colour is a bold coral red in real life, which appears more pink on my skin tone. The Rouge Voluptรฉ Shine have a glossy finish. They are highly hydrating and don't cling to dry patches. Corail Incandescent is super pigmented and lasts a good 3 hours on me. Even with the balmy formula, the colour applies easily. It's not as sheer as you'd think; you can build up the colour to get a more opaque finish. It leaves a light stain, so even after having a drink or a snack, the colour won't wear off completely. My favourite way to wear Corail Incandescent at the moment is on a warm day when I don't feel like putting a lot of effort in applying makeup - hence the ungroomed eyebrows *no shame*. I add this lipstick to brighten the look and I'm good to go! It smells like mango too. PS. Foundation of choice was the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat. I haven't written about it yet because I'm not sure if I like how it feels on my skin but the finish... dang. (Does anyone else have this foundation and feel like it slides off, even with a primer?)

Moral of the story: Rouge Voluptรฉ Shine lipsticks are the shizz. I couldn't justify buying them for a long time because truth is, they are pricy but I haven't regretted this purchase for a second. Corail Incandescent is bold enough to glam up any look, but it's also great for when you want a simple, no-fuss makeup look but still add that extra something. Thanks to the balm-like formula, this is the kind of product I'd take in my bag and wouldn't be afraid to touch up my lipstick with on the go.

How about you, are you familiar with YSL lipsticks? I'd love to hear which one is your favourite.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Haha, preeeeeecious :-) You sound enthusiastic, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say... I love my lipsticks :D

      Delete
  2. I love Yves Saint Laurent!!! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried 2 of their makeup products in the past few months, but so far so good! What are your fave YSL products?

      Delete
  3. Hey Lys, I have Pink in Paris and I do like the formula quite a bit (the only thing I wish that lipstick didn't have is the tiny silver micro-glitter)! Corail Incandescent looks great on you! I'm sure it'd pull much more orange on me, but that's the fun thing about different skin tones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so interesting! Glad you like the Rouge Voluptรฉ Shine lipsticks as well!

      Delete
  4. UGH THAT LIPSTICK IS SO PRETTY ON YOU (and pft, I would never have noticed the ungroomed brows if you hadn't pointed it out...if you think those brows are unruly, you should see mine in real life ._.) Currently lusting over a Marc Jacobs lipstick right now....2POOR2AFFORD

    As for the primer situation--tbh I don't even notice if they make a difference or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind! If you want that lipstick real bad, then why not? It's okay to spoil yourself sometimes :D of course I don't know what the price for Marc Jacobs lipsticks is... But still!

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.