Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Diffused Light'

You might've seen me mention this pretty number a few times before. Last summer I picked up one of the Ambient Lighting Powders at a...

Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder Diffused Light
Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder Diffused Light

You might've seen me mention this pretty number a few times before. Last summer I picked up one of the Ambient Lighting Powders at an Hourglass counter in London. After swatching the powders and trying out the different options, I decided on buying 'Diffused Light'.

So why has it taken me so long to feature it on the blog? I honestly don't know. I guess I can't fill a page just talking about a finishing powder (does that make me the worst beauty blogger or what). Even though waiting well over six months to write this article may suggest otherwise, I truly adore the powder. I have been using it almost every day since I got it in August. I dedicated a whole paragraph to the Ambient Lighting Powder in this article last year. As I mentioned back then, Diffused Light is a transparent pressed powder with yellow undertones. After applying foundation and concealer, I will dust some of the powder all over my face to hide any redness that might still be visible. I focus most of the product under my eyes and anywhere where I have blemishes, using a Real Techniques Setting Brush. The powder makes a noticeable difference: the imperfections - oh how I hate that word - aren't all that obvious as before, whereas concealer can draw more attention to them sometimes. Overall the Ambient Lighting Powder makes my skin appear more even and adds a healthy glow. Finally I'll use a setting spray to fixate my makeup and to keep it from looking powdery.


What's your favourite setting powder? Have you tried these powders by Hourglass before?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.