Most loved of 2014 · Beauty & Misc

Late to the party as always, but look what I found catching dust in my blog post drafts! A lot of people have been writing about their fav...

 photo 2014-makeup-favourites_zps32007325.jpg

Late to the party as always, but look what I found catching dust in my blog post drafts! A lot of people have been writing about their favourite blog posts, beauty products, outfits, etc. of 2014 and since this is the first time I've blogged for a whole year, I thought it might be fun to share a few of my own favourites, as well! In random order:
Skincare & makeup
Antipodes Reincarnation s Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate s La Roche-Posay Hydréane Légère

Skincare wise these three products are without a doubt my best discoveries of 2014. The Reincarnation facial scrub has changed my views on exfoliating, something I didn't pay attention to until I tried that particular product. Around the same time I was introduced to La Roche-Posay Hydréane Légère, which quickly made it as my go-to moisturizer for mornings and evenings. Another much-loved skincare item is Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I used it sporadically the first half of the year, but from the day I arrived in Finland (fyi: last day of August) it has been part of my daily routine. I used up half a bottle in just four months!
Of course I can't go without mentioning last year's most loved makeup products: YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation, Catrice Camouflage Cream, Bourjois Cream Blush in '03', Max Factor Clump Defy mascara, W7 In The Nude eyeshadow palette, MAC Cranberry eyeshadow, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Diffused' & Mineral Veil primer, Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, Essie Sand Tropez

Body care & fragrance
Lush Cosmetics The Comforter s Diesel Loverdose Tattoo EDP s & Other Stories Punk Bouquet
The Comforter... I adore it, I do. I guess I've had a thing for lovely scented products this year, because the Punk Bouquet hand cream is another product I just can't get enough of, primarily for its fragrance. Fave perfume of 2014 is Diesel Loverdose Tattoo. I'd prefer a fresh scent for warmer days, but I've worn this pretty much every day for the past five months. A few other favourites were The Body Shop Honeymania body butter, Lush Godiva shampoo bar & Lemony Flutter.

Misc
DIY jewelry frame s Little things I've been enjoying
Lately I've enjoyed writing more lifestyle posts. After all, being abroad was my life the past few months (I feel like I keep mentioning this over and over again, but it's true!) so it was inevitable I would share some of my experiences on Modest Mix. It was so much fun, though! In 2015 I want to continue writing more personal articles and I'm hoping to share food recipes too! I also published my first video a while back. It's a short aftermovie from my weekend in Tallinn with friends. It was a wonderful trip and I'm so glad I have the video to remember it by.

Is there a particular kind of blog post you enjoyed reading in 2014? I'd love to know!


PS. Have you entered my latest giveaway? You can win a box full of skincare goodies and tea!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Die jewelry frame is zo leuk gedaan! Dat zal geweldig op je kamer staan. Ik vind dat lakje van Essie erg bijzonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankje! Die heeft een leuk plekje gekregen. En Sand Tropez is zo een kleur die ik elke dag zou kunnen dragen ;)

      Delete
  2. Ik ben niet zo'n gigantische beauty kenner maar de W7 paletten wil ik toch echt wel eens aanschaffen ^^

    En zeker blijven doen, die lifestyle posts. Altijd leuk om te lezen. En al zeker als je er zo enthousiast over bent. (Hoe verslavend zijn avonturen in het buitenland trouwens! Ik begrijp je volledig ^^)

    x Aurélie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voor de prijs (€8-9 geloof ik) zijn ze zeker de moeite om te proberen! Ik gebruik het In The Nude pallet na een half jaar nog altijd even graag.
      En absoluut! 't Is denk ik normaal dat je meer inspiratie vindt om over je eigen leven te schrijven als je in een nieuwe omgeving bent. Hopelijk blijven de ideeën komen nu ik terug in België ben :D

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.