My current evening skincare routine

Long overdue after showing you my  morning skincare routine  last Spring, but still relevant: my current evening skincare routine! When I ...

 photo evening-skincare-routine-philosophy-garnier-estee-lauder-kiehls-lush-2_zps24e7f1f6.jpg

Long overdue after showing you my morning skincare routine last Spring, but still relevant: my current evening skincare routine! When I arrived in the North, my skin suffered from dehydration and blemishes for a while. I had to change some of the products I used to bring back the moisture my skin would lack in this colder climate (and not just my face - body butter is my best friend here!). I've been sticking to this routine for a month and a half now and I must say my skin is thanking me for it.

CLEANSER- First I soak a cotton pad with micellar water and run it all over my face to remove my makeup. I have been using Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water for a few weeks now and so far so good. It doesn't irritate my skin or eyes and seems to remove makeup well. Sometimes I'll use a separate oil-based eye makeup remover by Yves Rocher if I'm wearing a lot of eye makeup. It's one of my favourites, I've been repurchasing it for over 6 years. After the micellar water, I wash my face with the Purity Made Simple facial cleanser by Philosophy. I wrote a full review on this product, which you can read *here*.

TONER- My skin is now properly cleansed. I like to spray some Tea Tree Water by Lush after cleansing because it feels refreshing.

MOISTURIZER- Depending on how dry my skin feels that day, I will then apply a moisturizer. My current favourite is La Roche-Posay Hydrรฉane Lรฉgรจre (*full review here*). The lighter version is fine to use in the evening as it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, but unfortunately it isn't moisturizing enough for the daytime anymore. (not pictured because I just used it up.)

TREATMENTS- My skin has been loving face oils lately so that is the last step in my skincare routine. Where I would use the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (*full review here*) once or twice a week in the Spring season, I've now switched to using it daily. It's hydrating and keeps my skin from feeling tight or looking dull. A great positive change since the last time I wrote about it: The MRC doesn't irritate my skin anymore! Last is a sample-sized bottle of the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair II. I keep this serum for nights when I've worn a lot of makeup and I want to give my skin a boost. I also just like it because it feels so luxurious - I must say that's a guilty pleasure I enjoy very much. I'm actually impressed with how long this tiny bottle lasts. When I use the ANR I skip the moisturizer, because this serum is very nourishing on its own.

Do you use different skincare products in Summer and Autumn/Winter?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Qua huidverzorging komen wij heel goed overeen :) Het Tea Tree Water ga ik ook eens proberen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie producten gebruik je! Happy skin ensured denk ik :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Advanced Night Repair! I LOVE that stuff! Generally speaking, there isn't much of a difference in my nighttime routine, maybe a little more moisturizing but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to this tiny sample, I'm tempted to buy the full-size packaging, why does it have to be SO expensive though!

      Delete
  4. Wat leuk om te zien dat je zoveel verschillende merken gebruikt. Je hebt duidelijk je favorieten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pft, I think everyone uses different products in summer vs winter....UNLESS THEIR SKIN IS IMPRESSIVE AT CLIMATE ADAPTATION AND NEEDS NOTHING. I really like the micellar water too, but I realise that I don't get the best clean with it, so sometimes I go in and rub olive oil all over my face just in case, followed by Cetaphil. Also, I think the tea tea water might've broken me out back when I used it, hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, that's like the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Such a shame! And very true what you said, I use the same cleansers and moisturizers all year round but I've been going crazy with the face oil since I got here.

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.