A carefree base with Urban Decay

Carefree, eh? I may be biased about this white-and-purple bottle you see here, but for months - and especially when the summer heat kicked...

 photo urban-decay-all-nighter-setting-spray_zps30ab41b3.jpg

Carefree, eh? I may be biased about this white-and-purple bottle you see here, but for months - and especially when the summer heat kicked in - I was struggling to set my foundation and have it last all day or night. If I had spent thirty minutes perfecting application, then parts of it would have slipped off somewhere in the next two hours. Nothing helped.

Enter Urban Decay and their All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. The description of this spray is impressive, but what it basically does is 'lock in' makeup to last longer. Its formula was specially invented so makeup would stay in place even under extreme heat, heavy rainfall or other severe weather conditions. The All Nighter spray forms a waterproof layer on top of your makeup to protect it from moving or slipping off.

Here's a short anecdote to demonstrate how much I like the All Nighter spray. I put it to the test when I went to a festival the day after I bought it. My makeup stayed put from 8 AM when I left the house until 3 AM the next morning, even after being in a heavy rain shower and an after-party in a tent full of sweaty people (sorry for the deetz). Obviously my face didn’t look as fresh as it did when I’d just applied the products, but everything was still there! I was probably lucky for not having to touch up my makeup once that day, nonetheless it's safe to say the All Nighter spray is an essential step in my makeup routine now. I don't have to worry about my foundation moving when I've used this.

Thanks again to the people who suggested going to Urban Decay for a good setting spray!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Ik ben zo benieuwd naar die! Toen ik 'm wou kopen, heb ik per ongeluk De-Slick in mijn winkelmandje gelegd, omdat ik niet wist dat UD 2 setting sprays had. En uiteraard is De-Slick de slechtere van de twee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oei :/ en krijg je 'm niet verkocht ofzo?

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds awesome! I might give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Besides this one I've only tried Fix+ by MAC so I can't really compare it to other setting sprays. Don't expect your makeup to last 100% but it's good!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha I've actually never tried a makeup-setting spray, but if this is good for a festival, it's probably REALLY good! Got to give something like this a go soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been pure luck, but I like to think the setting spray helped a lot! At least for me it's been making a huge difference for my makeup. I hope you'll find a setting spray you like, Sunny!

      Delete
  4. Dat klink goed. Ik vind de verpakking ook super leuk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DAMN!! That is crazy lasting power! I have a mini version of this, but I never really get around to using it because sprays aren't really my favourite, and I don't think I've noticed too big a difference when I do use this. My skin is like, annoyingly oily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I have normal to dry skin so maybe that's why it lasts longer on me? Too bad the spray doesn't work the same for different skin types...

      Delete
  6. Klinkt echt super zeg, moet ik onthouden.

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.