London calling

I've mentioned it a hundred times before, but I went to London! My friend Joyce and I visited the city of Big Ben/Tower Bridge/home of...

 photo modest-mix-london-british-museum_zps5f9f9306.jpg

I've mentioned it a hundred times before, but I went to London! My friend Joyce and I visited the city of Big Ben/Tower Bridge/home of the Queen (that last one's for you, Joyce!) for a few days last week. We were very lucky with the weather, it was exceptionally sunny during our entire stay. We didn't plan much besides walk around the streets and a lot of shopping, we did do some random sightseeing and of course we enjoyed the great food.

Our hostel, Astor Museum Inn, was located right next to the British Museum. The location was brilliant with only a two-minute walk to Oxford Street and several underground stations. The cleanliness wasn't the best and you will have to share a dorm room with other travellers, but if you're willing to look past that, it is fine for a short trip to London. 

 photo modest-mix-london-camden-town_zps45309112.jpg
 photo modest-mix-london-camden-town-2_zps9ae85b86.jpg

Definitely worth visiting is Camden Town. It's a neighbourhood northeast of Regent's Park and is best known for its markets. This part of the city looks completely different from central London with its alternative shops and international food stalls. A lot of the shops are installed in former horse stables, the area they covered is huge. When we left at 1 PM the streets were crammed with tourists, so I would recommend going to Camden in the morning to have all the time you want to look around. I'd say this was my favourite part of our trip to London!

 photo modest-mix-london-camden-town-4_zpsd7a52917.jpg
 photo modest-mix-london-camden-town-5_zpsa28aed94.jpg

Too cute not to share: This booth that sold homemade soap and other bath & body products! My friend bought fresh lavender soap for her family. As a girl who dreams of selling her own bath products one day, it always makes me super excited to come across other people's soap business!

 photo modest-mix-london-jamies-italian-2_zps8ebf203a.jpg

What's a travel report without a few snapshots of the food you've had? Thought so. This dessert at Jamie's Italian was just what I needed. The yummyness you see here is meringue, chocolate and cream with raspberry and honeycomb.

I hope you enjoyed this little report of my London travels! Like I said, we didn't do a lot of touristy things, we just went wherever we felt like going since we'd both been to London before. I will put more pictures up on my Facebook page in case you're interested. We also did plenty of shopping. I'll show you what I bought soon, pinky promise.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Yeah, Camden is fun right! I definitely enjoyed your report :-) London is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, I haven't had the chance to visit Camden yet, and I doubt I'll have the time to go :(
    BUT MAN, you got really lucky with the accommodation location! Close proximity to the shopping areas is always a plus ;)
    Man, London is huge. Definitely didn't do all the things I was planning to, but that's ok, definitely ensures that there will be a next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! We couldn't have found a better place to stay location-wise. And you're right, there's so many things to do. I get why so many people (want to) move to London, it's got everything!
      Too bad you couldn't do all the things you wanted to, but like you said, you'll have to go back ^^

      Delete
  3. Wat is het inderdaad heel rustig in Camden! Ik hou nogal van redelijk lang uitslapen en een uitgebreid ontbijt, dus ik kom altijd in Camden toe wanneer het extreem druk is. De volgende keer sta ik ook wat vroeger op :)

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.