Blush in a box: Benefit Coralista

What happens when you walk into a store and bump into a  Benefit  counter you'd been unaware of each  time you had visited that par...


What happens when you walk into a store and bump into a Benefit counter you'd been unaware of each time you had visited that particular shop before? Let me tell you ladies, it was a wonderful moment, and in just a matter of minutes I was headed outside with some new makeup goodies. One of them is this gorgeous face powder in the shade Coralista.



Coralista is a warm coral pink with a subtle golden shimmer. The colour gives a natural flush to the face. It doesn't stand out too much, which is what's so brilliant about the product - it'll give your skin a healthy glow with a soft hint of coral/peach. I do apply it higher than where I would normally apply my blush to really make my cheekbones pop - the golden sheen creates a beautiful highlight. Sometimes I like to add some on my cupid's bow and the bridge of my nose.



There are a lot of mixed opinions on the packaging. Benefit powders come in colourful, square cardboard packaging. If you handle it with care, then I assure you the packaging will look as good as new for a long time. I've had this box for over two months and not a scratch. It also includes a flat brush with natural bristles. I'm going to be completely honest here and admit I haven't used it yet. It looks fine to contour with, so I'll have to give that a try soon.



Coralista makes a great everyday blush for the warmer seasons. The powder formula might be a bit tricky to work with on hot summer days, but it only takes a small effort to make this blush last all day (a good setting spray will do the job and will also prevent your skin from looking cakey/powdery!) and the result is very pretty.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. It looks like a lovely warm shade! I just find that rather deep cardboard box a bit unpractical to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! My RT blush brush picks up just enough product, it's a close one though :p

      Delete
  2. Deze lijkt mij ook echt super mooi! Ik denk dat ik hem zelf maar eens ga swatchen wanneer ik nog eens in de Inno ben.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, de Inno... Ik weet niet hoe ik zoveel keren over dat rek met Benefit heb kunnen kijken :D zeker doen, 't is een plaatje!

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to try this one! I think it'll be too light for my skin tone though.. more like a highlight with peachy tones?

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! The colour is subtle at first and can be built up. You could always give it a try, who knows you might end up liking it :)

      Delete
  4. The color is pretty. It reminds me Nars Orgasm on the picture.
    Xoxo
    Michelle
    Http://WondersReviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I adore the shade of this blush, it's just too pale and I find myself having to build it up! (Which I guess is perfect for those going for more subtle blush though!) Definitely one of the few Benefit blushes that I like, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I forget to reply to your comment earlier, Vanessa :o I'm so sorry! Too bad you have to apply so much product for it to show up. I'm not thàt fond of Benefit blushes either, always wanted to try Coralista though, and fortunately I like it!

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.