My New Year's Eve Makeup Look

Happy 2016 everyone! I hope you all had a great start into the new year, whether you spent it celebrating or not. I had a cosy night in w...

Modest Mix new year makeup

Happy 2016 everyone! I hope you all had a great start into the new year, whether you spent it celebrating or not. I had a cosy night in with family, playing board games and eating lots of good food. To kick off the new blogging year as well, I thought I'd give you a peek of the makeup I wore last night. I kept it fairly simple if I may say so myself, but then again I always do, haha! 

It took the most time perfecting the complexion, while keeping a light, natural-looking base with L'Orรฉal's Mattifying Infallible foundation. I love this one to hide any signs of oiliness. It lasts on the skin really well too, even without a primer. I used a correcting undereye concealer by NYX Cosmetics, followed by my favourite liquid concealer by drugstore brand Catrice. To set everything, I used my Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in 'Diffused'. I still use this powder every day; it does come with a high price tag, but to me it was absolutely worth it! I applied some of Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in 'Fearless' for a flush of colour on the cheeks and MAC's Soft and Gentle on the cheekbones - can't skip that highlight, right?

I filled in my brows using Catrice's Brow Definer - I'm head over heels for this felt-tip pen, my eyebrows have never looked better! - which I then set with a clear brow gel. For the eyes, I defined my crease with a matte soft brown shade and then applied MAC's Tan pigment all over the lid with a damp flat eyeshadow brush. This pigment was the star of the show, it gave the entire look an instant party-worthy feel. I lined my upper lash line using the same felt-tip pen from Catrice and finished off with a coat of mascara.

Finally, I opted for a nude lipstick because I knew I'd be eating a lot and I didn't want to have to re-apply all the time. The lipstick I wore was NYX's High Voltage lipstick in 'Flutter Kiss', a nude shade that has a slightly brown undertone. I bought it a few weeks ago and have worn it so often already! The formula is creamy and very pigmented. I might buy one of the darker shades next time I get to a NYX counter.

How did you spend New Year's Eve?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Zo'n mooie producten! Een Tarte blush en Soft& Gentle staan ook nog op mijn verlanglijstje.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft & gentle zou ik graag nog een keer willen hebben. Mooie producten, had eigenlijk ook wel een foto van je look willen zien! Nog een gelukkig nieuwjaar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Het was jammer genoeg te donker om foto's te nemen, maar ik let erop voor de volgende keer! Voor jou ook een mooi 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft & Gentle is zo mooi! Fijne producten heb je gebruikt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 't Blijft inderdaad een goeike :D de eerste highlighter die ik een aantal jaren geleden kocht en onlangs herontdekt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft & Gentle is zรณ mooi, was het bijna vergeten! Met de blush was het om de een of andere reden wat zoeken in het begin hoe je die het beste aanbrengt (blijkt: met een stippling brush), maar dat vergeef je al snel :) al een Tarte blush in gedachten die je graag wil?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mooie producten, zag er vast mooi uit!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.