Personal · Things to focus on

There is never a bad timing to set yourself new challenges. I have some personal goals I want to focus on this year. It's just someth...

Modest Mix focus beach sunset

There is never a bad timing to set yourself new challenges. I have some personal goals I want to focus on this year. It's just something I do all the time, I bet I'll have a whole new list of ideas very soon again. Here's what I'm currently concentrated on:

Work harder
Getting things done is one thing I've never been good at. I'm not the best student, and I'm a procrastinator when it comes to studying or any kind of assignment. I finally made it to my last semester as a bachelor's student. It's hard, but in order to get my degree I will have to work harder; in the next few weeks as I have exams coming up, and then for my master's degree too. Same goes for blogging and other things I want to accomplish. I have this new journal called the Passion Planner, in which I'm determined to write down projects and goals for the next year.

Improve photography skills
Last summer I bought a new camera (the Fuji X20 if anyone's interested). It was a present to myself after a month of hard work at my summer job, and at the same time an investment for the blog. Figuring out how the camera works made me realize how much I like taking photographs. My pictures are far from perfect - nor do I expect them to be! - but I am willing to practise and learn along the way. Most of all I just want to go to (new) places and take nice pictures. Sounds lovely, don't you think? ;-)

Visit at least one new place
Check! In July I'm going to Ireland with friends. Any places in the Dingle area we NEED to visit? I'm also half-planning to go see a friend in Berlin. It's so exciting because I've wanted to visit the city for so long now and lots of people tell me they loved it!

Try cooking and baking recipes more often
During my time abroad, I prepared (fresh) meals almost every day. Having to take care of myself I discovered I really like cooking. Now that I'm back home, I want to spend more time on trying recipes. I haven't had much time yet - see first paragraph - but I can see myself trying new recipes daily once the exams are over.

Is there anything you want to focus on?

Picture taken & edited by me

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Helemaal waar! Ik zou ook eens wat meer steden moeten bezoeken, doe ik veel te weinig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goh, maar als student is dat niet altijd evident he :D hopelijk kan je snel nieuwe plekken gaan verkennen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja inderdaad, gezond is dan niet altijd de prioriteit he. Ik kan er wel vooral van genieten om uitgebreid de tijd te nemen om iets lekkers te bereiden, maar ja dat moet ook al eens passen :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berlin is incredible! I am sure that you will love the city.

    My goal is to try and see more of my hometown. Sadly with a full time job, I can't travel far (and Australia is just too darn big) but there are so many places around Sydney that I haven't seen yet.

    Nat | Dignifiable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Na mijn jaar Australië ben ik echt blut dus heb ik besloten om meer van Europa te zien. Dit jaar word het sowieso al Madrid en Portugal.
    Ben jij tevreden van je camera? Ik wil mijn foto skills ook verbeteren maar dan moet ik wel eerst een goede camera hebben ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. True! I think a lot of people forget there are beautiful places to see close to home, or at least more than you'd expect :) have fun exploring your hometown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madrid en Portugal klinken anders ook wel super :D is het de eerste keer dat je die plekken gaat bezoeken? Lissabon staat hier ook hoog op het lijstje van steden om te zien!


    Ja, ik vind het na bijna een jaartje nog altijd een goede camera. Ik weet niet zoveel over alle technische dingen van fotografie maar met de X20 valt wel makkelijk te werken. 't Is ook handig dat je zowel automatisch als manueel kan instellen- meestal gebruik ik de automatische functie omdat dat sneller gaat, maar héél af en toe waag ik me aan manueel en valt goed mee :p ik heb dit fototoestel vooral gekozen omdat het compact genoeg is om in je handtas mee te nemen + er zitten veel functies op. Ik hoop dat je hier iets aan hebt (weet natuurlijk niet wat je precies wil in een camera), maar als je vragen hebt mag je ze altijd stellen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Voor Madrid is het de eerste keer dus ik ben super benieuwd! Wij hebben een 'huisje' in Portugal dus zeker niet de eerste keer, maar ik ben wel van plan om andere plekken te bezoeken, zoals Lissabon!


    Super bedankt voor de uitleg! Het compacte is een plus punt voor mij. Ik zal me hier eens verder in verdiepen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh leuk! Veel plezier :D en 't is niks! Hopelijk vind je snel wat je zoekt x

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.