The skincare routine switch up

Let's do a throwback to October of last year, when my skin decided to have a very unexpected freakout ( thanks again for that ). I went...

Lush Ultrabland Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance serum Enzymatic Peel mask Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey

Let's do a throwback to October of last year, when my skin decided to have a very unexpected freakout (thanks again for that). I went from a normal, somewhat sensitive skin type to clearly dehydrated combination skin in just a matter of days. There is no way I could know for sure what caused it; it could have been the seasonal changes or maybe I became intolerant of any product(s) I was using at the time. Still, I decided to simplify my skincare routine and cut out anything that might further irritate my skin. This change basically meant I would get rid of any harsh products, including a number of makeup products, and would focus more on keeping my skin hydrated. I even kept a skincare diary for a while! Five months later, I see major improvement in its balance. This allowed me to introduce a couple new products - including a small French skincare haul recently - and get to an effective skincare routine.

CLEANSELush Cosmetics' Ultrabland cleansing balm was recommended to me as a product that would gently cleanse the skin without stripping it from its natural oils. Ultrabland does not only do all that, it also gives skin a hydration boost as it's packed with great ingredients. Ultrabland has a thick consistency that takes some time to work into the skin and remove the dirt that builds up during the day or overnight. At first, I used it exclusively in the evening to remove a full face of makeup, but now I'm okay with using it in the morning too.
TONERS AND ALL THAT: To exfoliate, tone and soothe my go-to's are Eau Prรฉcieuse and pure rose water. Both can be swiped across the face with a cotton pad. This doesn't irritate my skin at all. As for facial scrubs, the Antipodes Reincarnation exfoliator is still much loved, I do skip it more often than I used to. Eau Prรฉcieuse is a water-based lotion that purifies and exfoliates skin and keeps it smooth. Only when I feel like it needs some extra care, I'll go in with the facial scrub. Finally, I've just added Caudalie's Beauty Elixir to my routine. So far I'm really liking it! I'll probably write a more detailed review on this glow-inducing facial mist later on.
MOISTURISE + TREAT: La Roche-Posay Hydrรฉane Lรฉgรจre has been my most-loved moisturiser in the past few years. I can't miss it anymore! I apply it morning and/or evening, sometimes layered over a serum such as Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance serum or Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. Right at the beginning of my skincare switchup, I decided to give La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ a go. It's an acne-fighting and scar-fading moisturiser that can be used as a spot treatment or applied as a regular moisturiser all over the face. Back in Autumn, I'd use it all over to calm down the breakouts and prevent scarring. Now that my skin has been better, I only use it once every few weeks. I also try to include weekly skin pampering into my routine by doing regular face masks. I wrote about my favourite face mask combo in *this* post.


Have you recently introduced new products into your skincare routine?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm a fan of the Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum and Beauty Elixir too! I also want to try their Divine oil :)

    Hanh | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaaa! Caudalie wordt stilaan een van m'n favoriete beautymerken, zoveel fijne producten ontdekt het voorbije jaar en half :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their Divine Oil is awesome! The scent is so long-lasting. I sometimes even use it as a 'base' on neck/decolletรฉ and wrists before applying perfume- sรณ good!

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.