Multimasking with Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel & Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask

Combining face masks for a custom, at-home facial experience has been a popular skincare trend for a while now. The idea of this method, a...

Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Antipodes Aura face mask

Combining face masks for a custom, at-home facial experience has been a popular skincare trend for a while now. The idea of this method, also known as multimasking, is simple: you use a specific formulation on targeted areas of the face for optimal results. Since each product has a particular purpose, such as purifying, hydrating, exfoliating, etc., applying it where it will serve most effective only seems like the logical thing to do. Still, it took me a long time to figure out my skin's exact needs... In today's post I'll talk about two of my favourite products for multimasking.

There are two ways I treat my skin to a little pampering session, usually depending on how much time I have. First of all, I cleanse my skin using a mild cream cleanser. Optionally I'll also use a mechanical exfoliator to remove dead skin cells. Then to let the masks work their magic! Most often I will do two masks in a row covering the entire face, the second being applied right after washing off the first. Other times I'll opt for a targeted application to target specific skin issues, such as clogged pores, dehydration, dullness, etc.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Antipodes Aura face mask

I have an array of facial treatments at home that each promise to tackle different skin concerns. Yet, as for my most-used/most-loved face masks, these two by Caudalie and Antipodes are without a doubt on top of the list. I've been staying true to this combo for over a year now, as they give the best results for my skin type.

Caudalie's Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask 
was an unexpected skincare discovery, which I picked up in a deal with the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum a couple Christmasses ago. When I first gave Enzymatic Peel a go, I was amazed by its immediate results. While in the first place it is a moisturising mask, the ingredient glycolic acid helps (chemically) exfoliate the skin. Opposed to other exfoliating products I've tried, this mask doesn't cause irritation on my skin whatsoever. I leave it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with (luke)warm water and am left with smooth skin and a radiant complexion. I also feel like the Enzymatic Peel mask helps with fading acne scars when used regularly. Winner!
Where I apply this mask for a targeted treatment: T-zone
Antipodes' Aura Manuka Honey Mask purifies and hydrates the skin. The manuka honey in this face mask is full of antibacterial qualities and soothes blemishes, while avocado oil, vitamin E and grape extract give the skin a hydration boost. Let me tell you, this is heavy-duty stuff! My skin often tends to feel dry or tight, but has none of those symptoms after I use the Aura Manuka Honey mask. Instead, it feels plump and nourished, plus any blemishes I might have are less red and painful.
Where I apply this mask for a targeted treatment: cheeks, chin, nose, (irritated) blemishes

Have you ever tried multimasking? Don't hesitate to tell me what your favourite face masks are in the comment section!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ik heb het nog niet geprobeerd nee, maar het is wel logisch eigenlijk, het concept van elke specifiek onderdeel je huid anders te behandelen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wel een goed idee eigenlijk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is inderdaad een goed idee - het laat je toe echt alles toe te spitsen op wat je huid nodig heeft en waar. Dat Antipodes masker is zalig, hรจ! Dat van Caudalie heb ik zelf nog nooit geprobeerd maar het klinkt wel effectief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. De heerlijke vanillegeur alleen al, mmm :) jij hebt die nieuwere maskers van Caudalie (Glycolic Peel, Detox, enz.) geprobeerd, niet? Die klinken ook zรณ goed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Het is even zoeken, maar wel effectief! Moet ook toegeven dat het gewoon leuk is om verschillende maskers tegelijk aan te brengen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Die zijn inderdaad ook goed รฉn perfect om aan multimasking te doen. Ze promoten dat zelf ook :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really useful information. You touched on a topical issue. I would appreciate if you'd written about how to fill a form online. I am sure at least once in your life you had to fill out a form. I use a simple service for forms filling. It definitely makes my life easier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo I have not tried their enzymatic peel yet. I have tried Caudalie's grape water from B-Glowing and loved it though. I may have to look for this product.

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.