London wishlist: High-end makeup

more details:  ppandora  via polyvore.com It's been a long time since I've posted a wishlist! There are a couple (who am I k...

#29
more details: ppandora via polyvore.com

It's been a long time since I've posted a wishlist! There are a couple (who am I kidding, a lot) of beauty products I've been dying to try and since my mum and I are planning a day trip to London soon, I thought it'd be the perfect time to think of all the things I want to buy when I'm there. Today's study break well spent!

1- Tarte Cosmetics
When I found out that Tarte would be sold in the UK, I was ecstatic. Now I'm still not sure if the brand is available in stores, but I know QVC ship to Belgium anyway in case I can't find it anywhere. These are my top picks of products I want to try: the Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in 'Blissful' or 'Tipsy', these are two lighter colours from their blush range, and the Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation. This foundation seems absolutely beautiful and it comes with a buffing brush.
2- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in 'Blonde'
I've been curious about the Dipbrow Pomade by Anastasia for a few weeks now. I love the effect it gives to achieve perfect eyebrows without looking too 'drawn on'. Brow products are tricky for me as they're always too dark (yep, even the lightest shades) or too orange-toned. I'm hoping to find the Dipbrow Pomade in store so I can try the colour before buying.
3- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder
The Ambient Lighting Powders by Hourglass give a glowy, smoothed finish to foundation. I'd be a fool not to get one of these. The Ambient Lighting blushes look beautiful, too!
4- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
Another foundation, and like the Tarte foundation it's one that offers full coverage, I know... But from what I've heard, Silk Creme is one of the best foundations out there for sensitive skin. Not sure if it's true, but I wouldn't know unless I tried, right? Laura Mercier is also available in a store in Brussels, but I haven't visited our capital in over a year, so the chance I'll find it in London is more realistic.
5- Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne Not familiar with the perfume, but I've read so much about it, I want to at least know what it's like!

These are the high-end makeup products I'll be looking for on my next trip to London. Can't wait! There are some drugstore brands I want to try as well, like the popular Collection concealer and a bunch of products from Soap & Glory, or maybe some more brushes from Real Techniques. I'm also curious about the makeup from Topshop.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ik ben echt onbekend met een paar merken. Als ik naar Londen zou gaan, zou ik gaan voor de collection concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zou ik ook zeker doen! Ben ook heel benieuwd naar Soap & Glory. Dit is maar wat dromen over de duurdere merken tegen dat het zover is :)

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to try Anastasia brow stuff for so long! I just really need to be able to SWATCH it and see which shade is more my shade! Great picks, Lys! I hope you'll be able to hunt them down soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! The shades are always so tricky, which is why I prefer buying makeup/skincare in store anyway. Haha yes, let's hope I can show you all a huge London haul in a few months ;)

      Delete
  3. Awesome wish list, I could just copy paste this and use it for myself, haha.

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.