Personal · Busy as a bee

It's that time of the year again! Summer... The time when I am so busy doing everything and nothing that the blog gets pushed into the...

Modest Mix purple summer sky

It's that time of the year again! Summer... The time when I am so busy doing everything and nothing that the blog gets pushed into the background for a little while. I never do this on purpose, but it happens. I'm sure you all know the feeling!

I'm actually writing this to give you an update on what I've been up to. June was a blur, as always. After four years at uni I'm still not used to the mayhem that is preparing for exams. On one hand it feels like I'll never have enough time to study, yet somehow the days are very slow when you're sat in front of a desk all day. Fortunately I was able to combine work with uni after the worst - a.k.a. five exams in a week - had passed, which felt refreshing after a semester of attending classes, writing assignments and other school-related responsibilities. I had my last day at work yesterday and I was actually a bit sad to leave. My thoughts've been elsewhere since, though, because I am leaving for Ireland tomorrow! We fly to Dublin where we are renting a car for the week to explore the west coast and possibly other areas of the country. Relaxing and having fun with friends is something I've been looking forward to for a looong time! Uni assignments will be waiting for me when I get back, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the moment and focus on the trip. 

I am going to attempt vlogging while I'm there! No promises, but I'll do my best! I'll be posting on social media too, so keep an eye on my Twitter and Instagram if you'd like to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Irish landscapes.

Are you travelling somewhere this summer? I'd love to hear about it!

PS. The sky was on fire last week! I was so happy I was able to take pictures of it. It was even more beautiful in real life!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Zo herkenbaar, tijdens de vakantie heb ik juist minder tijd voor mijn blog :P Ik ben heel benieuwd hoe je Ierland vindt. Ik ben er nog nooit geweest! En school wacht inderdaad wel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, veel plezier in Ierland! Benieuwd naar je vlog(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just take it as it comes! Het belangrijkste is dat je ervan geniet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stiekem ken ik dit wel, in de zomer zit ik niet echt in de flow met werken - school - blog - sociaal leven. Ik heb echt het gevoel dat ik mijn tijd verdoe soms! Anyway, veel plezier in Ierland! Zo leuk dat je gaat vloggen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be going to Portugal and hopefully I can get to see more of my own country :)
    Love the picture btw


    Marlies aka Magnificent Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Marlies!
    Portugal seems beautiful by the way-- I hope you'll have a wonderful time there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inderdaad, er is vaak véél te veel te doen en er zijn maar zo weinig uren in een dag, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. True! Ierland was fijn, maar nu ben ik even een stresskip. Nog 10 dagen en VAKANTIE :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jana! Een echte vlog zal er waarschijnlijk niet van komen (veel zee en weides = niet heel veel verschillende beelden :p) maar ik kijk na de examens toch eens of ik wat met mijn beeldmateriaal kan ineen flansen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ierland was leuk! Mooie streek waar we verbleven. Het is wel aan te raden om door het land te trekken als je er op vakantie gaat, wij waren voor een week op 1 plek en dat was al meer dan voldoende :)

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.