MAC Paint Pot in 'Painterly'

Last year I learned about the importance of makeup primer. I can truly see a difference in the longevity of any foundation or concealer I...

MAC Painterly paint pot primer

Last year I learned about the importance of makeup primer. I can truly see a difference in the longevity of any foundation or concealer I've applied when there's a primer underneath. Same goes for eye makeup, only it took me a bit longer to find out.

I've tried eye makeup primers by numerous low-budget brands. None of them did the job they were supposed to do. It was just being stubborn really- I would rather spend more money on a pretty eyeshadow than the product that would serve as the base. Then I finally stepped into the MAC store to pick up a Paint Pot. 'Painterly' is a flesh-coloured cream eyeshadow base. It has a thick, concealer-like consistency but the product melts to the touch so it's easy to work with. I use my finger to pick up some product from the jar and blend it out on my eyelids, usually all the way up to the brow to give them a slight lifted effect. It instantly cancels out the redness or dark veins I might have going on. I do make sure to apply the thinnest layer possible so it won't feel cakey on the lids. Once the product sets, it stays put. You can wear the Paint Pot on its own or apply eyeshadow on top. Let me tell you, not only will eyeshadow last longer through the day or night, it's also a lot easier to blend the colours. Eyeshadow is not my forte, so anything that will not make it look (as) messy gets a thumbs up.

As you may have guessed, I will gladly continue to use Painterly. Although it's not an everyday product for me, I'm happy to have it in my collection. If you already have an eye primer, Paint Pots are not something you will need, but if you're on the hunt for a product that will camouflage imperfections or you want a base that will stay all day, the nude shades at MAC are definitely worth looking into. They offer a whole selection from neutrals to bright colours.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.