"The Survival Kit" experiment

Imagine this scenario: You've planned a trip to a small town far, far away to wind down for a few weeks. The place where you're st...

 photo modest-mix-collage-survival-kit_zpse2196351.jpg

Imagine this scenario: You've planned a trip to a small town far, far away to wind down for a few weeks. The place where you're staying has everything you need, like electricity, running water, central heating, internet. It has kitchen appliances and basic bathroom supplies. However, on the morning of your departure you oversleep, which leaves you only 15 minutes to pack - yes, even food - before catching your flight! This is highly unrealistic, I know, but let's just roll with it this one time ;) You try to pack as much as possible, but you can never take all the things you want, so you decide to put together a survival kit with a few of your personal favourites.

The survival kit has five categories: beauty, skincare, fashion, food, and the miscellaneous group. You can pick 5 things for each. These are fixed, so for example if you pick 4 for one category, then you cannot put 6 in another. Sorry!

Here's what my survival kit would look like, with my favourites/musthaves for each category, in random order.

Beauty (makeup, nail polish, hair styling products, perfumes, etc.)
1- YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation
2- Maybelline The Falsies mascara
3- Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray
4- MAC Pro Longwear concealer
5- Essie Sand Tropez

Skincare
1- Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
2- Antipodes Reincarnation exfoliator
3- Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey face mask
4- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
5- The Body Shop Body Butter in 'Honeymania'

Fashion
1- Black skinny jeans
2- Plaid shirt from H&M
3- Grey striped jumper
4- Nike Air Max 1
5- Grey Zara City Bag

Food
1- Pizza
2- Clipper chamomile tea
3- Pomegranate
4- 'Huggy bears' cookies from Aldi
5- Toblerone chocolate bars

Misc: Pick 5 of anything.
1- Laptop
2- Nail care kit
3- Cacti (it would be unrealistic to bring those in my suitcase, but oh well)
4- Sunglasses
5- An extra pillow, because I love a good sleep!

What musthaves would you include in your survival kit?
Feel free to copy this 'game' on your own blog! If you do, please send me a link to the blog post, I would love to read it! You can tweet me @lysclr.

I thought this might be a fun, more original way to talk about my current and/or long-time favourites, both beauty and non-beauty related. I hope you like it!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Oh nooo these games always make me panic a little LOL I just need so much to feel "safe!" I've done a 5-product face on the blog before, so I think I'll go with that (a base, a concealer, my brow pencil, blush, and lipstick. Alternatively maybe I'll throw a mascara in there and bring a lip/cheek tint). Skincare really depends on the season! Oh and I can't live without my phone, so that's coming with me, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's impressive, I could never do the 5-product face thing! I always use about 8-10 products to look decent and that's just on 'basic' makeup days :D so I'd probably try to sneak some more makeup in there too! Great to read what you would bring :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I'm going to make lists for myself, this is fuuuun :-) And I imagine also kind of difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een leuk idee! voor fashion zou ik hetzelfde kiezen! Iets lekker comfortabels in iedergeval haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vond ik ook, het liefst comfortabele kledij! En bedankt!

      Delete
  4. Wat een toffe post. Qua fashion zou ik ook hetzelfde kiezen. Goh het is nog best lastig om zo'n lijstje op te stellen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geniale post! Zal 'm ook overnemen als dit mag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natuurlijk mag je dat doen!! Kijk er naar uit jouw versie te lezen :)

      Delete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.