MAC eyeshadow in 'Cranberry'

This beauty has been sitting in my makeup drawer for months now, I can't believe I hadn't written about it before!   Cranberry is...

 photo mac-cranberry_zpsf9b03024.jpg

This beauty has been sitting in my makeup drawer for months now, I can't believe I hadn't written about it before! Cranberry is one of those eyeshadows I was always drawn to whenever I'd visit the MAC Pro store, but couldn't bring myself to purchase because I had no idea what to do with it. After some advice from a couple MUA-to-be friends and of course the ladies at MAC, I decided to go for it. Cranberry went home with me and I can tell you we get along fine now!

Cranberry is a berry red with subtle plum hints which leans towards a more pink-ish tone in bright light. It has a frost finish so it looks shimmery on the lids. As I said, it's a difficult colour to wear; for me it goes best with brown shades. Using an eyeshadow base before applying Cranberry makes all the difference, or you could slightly wet the brush you're using. The colour payoff will be even better!

Despite being such a fun colour, it's not one I'd wear on a daily basis. I feel like it's too dark to wear to uni or at home, but on special occasions this has become my go-to eyeshadow. I combined it with a dark brown shade and winged liner on Christmas Eve (*see pictures here*) and got such sweet compliments from my family. On sunny days I'm definitely eager to see how Cranberry looks with a pearl base underneath.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Mooie kleur, maar ik kan me voorstellen dat ie wel heel donker is!

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja best wel, voor overdag vind ik 'm zelf net iets te opvallend :)

      Delete
  2. ik heb deze ook! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi kleurtje, dit zou ik ook met plezier dragen :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. En zou je wel super staan ook denk ik! :)

      Delete
  4. Wauw, wat een prachtige kleur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hij ziet er erg mooi uit! Maar inderdaad meer voor een feestje ofzo :)

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.