Holiday gift guide: Affordable beauty

The holiday season is upon us! Lately I have been busy doing everything but plan & buy Christmas presents (I've always been more of...

Affordable beauty gift guide

The holiday season is upon us! Lately I have been busy doing everything but plan & buy Christmas presents (I've always been more of a last-minute gift buyer. So stressful though, yikes!) but now that our Christmas tree is up and decorated, I'm starting to feel festive! Another yearly tradition I've enjoyed is reading gift guides. So many other bloggers have created awesome posts already. In fact, this year I decided it might be a good idea to join in on the fun and make a couple of gift guides myself!

Today it's all about affordable beauty. A lot of fantastic beauty products can be found at the drugstore nowadays. Many budget-friendly makeup brands are finding their way to Europe through online shops too. In my opinion the holidays are the perfect time to introduce fellow beauty enthusiasts to new things or maybe even give them something you already know they love. I personally prefer giving people small gifts I know will bring a smile to their face! Here are my beauty recommendations under €20 that would make great Christmas stocking fillers. I hope I can help out some of you or give you some inspiration! Grab a cup of tea, because this post is a long one!

Affordable beauty gift guide Caudalie MAC Kiko
Click product names to see where everything is available online

GIFTS UNDER €10

s KIKO Infinity eyeshadow If there's one low-budget brand you need to try now, it's KIKO. I bought two of their Infinity eyeshadows when I was in Berlin last month. First of all they are very affordable, but most importantly the quality is amazing. The shade 'Golden Coral' is my current highlighter of choice. It gives my cheekbones a gorgeous peachy glow! If a two-euro-something - and FAB, if I may say so - highlight can't convince you, then I don't know anymore.
s The Master Perfumer 'Absolute Iris' One of my most-used perfumes last Summer was this eau de toilette from local drugstore Kruidvat! They gave their own perfume brand The Master Perfumer a revamp earlier this year and added more fragrances to the line. Absolute Iris is a scent that's similar to Lancôme's La Vie Est Belle, only a lot cheaper! Besides the regular 50ml bottle it also comes in a handy travel-size bottle. Another recommendation is Jasmine Blush, which is a beautiful floral blend of jasmine, rose and amber.
s Sephora sheet masks Give one of these to your mum, sister, best friend, get one for yourself too and throw a pampering session together, because these sheet masks are the funniest sight! There are lots of options for every skin type/concern to choose from. A friend kindly got me the Rose mask once; it felt so soothing and nourishing on the skin. Instant love.
s EOS lip balm on Amazon.com Because who doesn't get excited over cute, colourful packaging and lip balms that come in different flavours?
s H&M nail polish When H&M relaunched their beauty department, I discovered their nail polishes are of great quality. The blue shade 'Sky High' has a lovely opaque finish with just one layer and lasts up until a week without much tipwear! They're also just below the €5 price range, which makes them a perfect Christmas stocking stuffer. You can choose between a range of milky nudes, bright colours for Summer or shimmery polishes that are very holiday season worthy. You name it.
s Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks The Body Shop's hand creams are underrated, but seriously, why aren't more people talking about them? The formula is lightweight, moisturising and smells amazing. Pictured is the Almond hand cream, but the Wild Rose one is awesome too. One from the newer collections I'd highly recommend is Honeymania (handbag staple!). The Body Shop currently offer holiday gift sets that include body butters, shower gels as well.
s H&M Creme Blusher I'm dying to try one of H&M's cream blushers, because everyone keeps raving about how amazing they are! At only €8 each, these are destined to land under the Christmas tree, preferably with a cute bow on top.
s Kneipp shower foam set We got one of Kneipp's gift sets last year and I've been hooked on the patchouli-scented shower foam ever since. Kneipp bath products are hydrating and have a luscious fragrance.
s Lush Cosmetics have tons of gift-worthy products, so I'll just name a few that I think would be great stocking fillers for beauty enthusiasts. The lip scrubs are great and go a long way, Pink Flamingo bubble bar would make a lovely gift too - if not because it looks so cute! - or any product from their bath range really!
s MAC Sized To Go pigment (MAC currently have mini kits in the Irresistibly Charming holiday collection)
I can hear you saying "Why would you buy someone a pigment for Christmas and not an eyeshadow or palette?", but let me explain! Loose pigments are one of the most underrated products MAC Cosmetics offers. It's true people often find them difficult to use. However, once you learn how to apply them, they are so versatile! I use loose pigment as eyeshadow (usually applied wet for an intense finish), highlighter and I've used it mixed with lipstick too. Gifting a mini-sized pigment to someone gives them the chance to play around with application techniques and who knows they'll discover a new product love?

Affordable beauty gift guide Kiko Lush Bourjois Zoeva

GIFTS UNDER €20

s Zoeva have certainly made it in the beauty world as a brand that offers affordable, high-quality, most even vegan-friendly, makeup brushes. A well-deserved name if you ask me! There are many fantastic brushes to choose from. I'm gradually building a small collection myself! Pictured are the Luxe Sheer Cheek, which makes blush or bronzer application ever so easy, and the Crease brush. My favourite way of using the Crease brush is for applying powder highlighter on the cheekbones, above the arch of my eyebrows and on my cupid's bow. Yet it's such a versatile brush that can be used to apply powder or blend eyeshadow too! The Crease brush seems to have had a makeover since I bought mine, though, but I hope the one on the website is the same fluffy brush as this one.
s Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner A felt-tip eyeliner that applies evenly, lasts well (although it's not waterproof, if I'm not mistaken) and the tip doesn't dry out fast at all! I have had one of these for over two years and it's still working! This is great for those who love to wear (winged) eyeliner or want to practise! It's also not the most obvious makeup-related present to give someone which would make it even more of a surprise!
s Caudalie Divine Oil One thing that had to be included on this list is Caudalie's Divine Oil, a product that has acquired cult status in French skincare. I think it would make a lovely gift as it's a luxurious dry oil that can be used to hydrate skin and nourish hair. Oh, and did I mention this oil smells amazing?
s Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick Lipstick makes women happy. It's a fact (or I might be making this up at the spot, but really, I'm just trying to say a lot of women really like lipstick). These liquid lipsticks by Bourjois have been much loved since launching last year, and I'm pretty sure the brand released new shades a few weeks ago! They have a creamy formula that's easy to apply and dries into a matte finish. It feels comfortable on the lips and lasts well throughout the day. An affordable beauty gift that'll be much appreciated!
s Antipodes mini skincare set Antipodes is one of those brands everyone either wants to try or which everyone has tried and loves. They are known for their natural, all-organic skincare products and are praised for being high quality. Around the holidays shops like Beautybay sell travel-size kits, which are great to introduce other lovers of natural skincare to the wonderful products Antipodes have to offer. Another recommendation is the Aura Manuka Honey facial mask, their best selling product- it is divine!
s & Other Stories scented candle Scented candles are again one of those things that look so luxurious, but they can actually very budget-friendly! & Other Stories offer a varied selection of unique fragrances for around €20. You'll find a favourite scent for everyone without a doubt. I put Le Grand Moyeu on my list, in case you were wondering!

Affordable beauty gift guide Bourjois Kiko Caudalie

Have you spotted something in this gift guide that would make your mum, sister, friend very happy? What's on your beauty wish list for this year's holidays?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.