On my mind

It feels like forever since I Iast blogged. I can count the times I've sat down to write a blog post in the past few months on both ha...

modestmixblog New York City Staten Island ferry

It feels like forever since I Iast blogged. I can count the times I've sat down to write a blog post in the past few months on both hands. Part of it may have been due to feeling uninspired, yet it was more so that anything I'd write about seemed a bit trivial. (You know when you have lots of things to say, but can't find the right words to express them?)

2016 was a tough year for me personally. Without going too much into detail, I started off the year with high hopes, but hit some (unexpected) bumps in the road that haven't been easy to overcome. In an attempt to 'make up' for these lost opportunities, I somehow thought that taking on a crazy busy schedule all through October, November and December would be a great idea. Between balancing work and uni, organising a (luckily successful, yay!) event for the first time around Christmas, and jetting off to Stockholm and New York City, I'll admit I honestly couldn't find the energy to keep this tiny space on the world wide web alive.

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

With my plans to make this a great year and leave 2016 behind me for good (hence the quote, which I found fitting for how I've been feeling lately; more on that in my next blog post), I also want to revive Modest Mix by handling things a bit differently. The past year I noticed I wasn't always excited to blog, especially about beauty-related topics. I haven't decided what exactly will change around here; I guess I'll find out along the way, but I hope I can find the fun in blogging again, by writing short life updates and by interacting with you more often.

So that's it for now. Me saying hi and giving you an insight to what I've been up to. I'm off to a friend later tonight; she's making waffles. Happy days! I've been studying for my final exam, which is next week, so it's nice to take a break.

How have you been?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Amen, to a fabulous 2017. Let the past be the past and focus on the present and the future.

    ReplyDelete

All images and content are copyright to Modest Mix 2013-2017.